Cary Adult Home
7336 Cary Avenue
Gloucester, VA 23061
Current Inspector: Willie Barnes (757) 439-6815
Inspection Date: Sept. 30, 2020 , Oct. 2, 2020 and Oct. 7, 2020
Complaint Related: Yes
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-73 BUILDING AND GROUNDS
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternative remote protocol, necessary due to a state of emergency health pandemic declared by the Governor of Virginia.
The evidence gathered during the investigation supported the allegations of non-compliance with standards or law, and violations were issued. Any violations not related to the complaints but identified during the course of the investigation can be found on the violation notice.
Standard #: 22VAC40-73-870-D Complaint related: Yes Description: Based on interview, the facility failed to ensure the building is kept free of insects and vermin.
1. During the inspection of a complaint regarding bedbugs in the facility, it was stated by staff #1, that the facility continue to do what it can to address the bedbug issues in the facility. According to staff #1, rooms in the facility are checked and heat treatment is conducted when there is an issue of bedbugs.
2. On 10-7-20, staff #1, stated the maintenance check of inspection for bedbugs is documented in a three-ring binder in the facility, documents were not presented to the inspector.
3. Staff #1, acknowledged the facility continues to have an issue with bedbugs in the facility.
Plan of Correction: A schedule for profalactic treatments of bedbugs has been created and will be made available upon request.
Standard #: 22VAC40-73-870-E Complaint related: Yes Description: Based on interview, the facility failed to ensure all furnishings, fixtures, and equipment and showers shall be kept clean and in good repair and condition.
1. During a complaint inspection of allegation of the kitchen sink leaking, and staff observed emptying the water from a bucket used to catch the water, it was revealed by staff #1, that the sink in the kitchen was leaking water and maintenance was addressing the issue.
2. On 10-2-20, during interview with licensee, the kitchen sink was confirmed to have a leak. Licensee also stated that a part had to be order for the kitchen sink.
3. On 9-30-20, during interview with staff #1 regarding allegation of mold in the facility, staff #1 stated there was mold identified on the shower curtains in the bathrooms in the facility.
Plan of Correction: A new 3 compartment sink has been ordered and will be installed upon receipt.
Daily building inspections are made to identify mold issues early.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility++.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.