Cary Adult Home
7336 Cary Avenue
Gloucester, VA 23061
Current Inspector: Willie Barnes (757) 439-6815
Inspection Date: July 8, 2020 , July 13, 2020 , July 14, 2020 and Aug. 4, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-73 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION
22VAC40-73 RESIDENT CARE AND RELATED SERVICES
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol necessary due to a state emergency health pandemic declared by the Governor of Virginia.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the facility.
Standard #: 22VAC40-73-460-A Description: Based on record review and staff interview, the facility failed to ensure residents safety and well-being was provided.
1.The inspector received a phone call from staff #1 on 7-8-20, informing of a self-reported complaint involving inappropriate peer-to-peer interaction between resident #1 and #2.
2. A review of resident #1?s record documented other incidents of inappropriate behaviors of the type reported by staff #1. Nurse?s notes dated 1-29-19, a resident was I resident #1?s room, staff entered, resident fixing pants but did not want to talked about what occurred in the room.
3. Nurse's notes dated 5-20-20, staff document another resident inform staff, resident #1, ?came into their bathroom while they were in the shower and asked resident to hookup and resident #1 gave resident $3.00?.
4. Nurse's notes dated 6-26-20, staff document, resident #1 talked another resident to go with resident #1 to resident #1's room to show resident #1's dvd. Staff documented, resident #1, `talk other residents going in resident #1?s room and when in resident #1?s room has them or resident #1 does sexual stuff together?. Resident #1 ?bribes some residents with money for sexual favors?.
5. Nurse's notes dated 6-27-20- staff documents resident #1 ?harassing other residents for sexual favors?.
6. Nurse's notes dated 7-7-20 staff members documented being informed, resident #1 ?went into another resident?s room, offered a resident cookies, and asked the resident if resident wanted to see resident #1?s privates. Resident #1 told to get out of the resident?s room, resident #1 fixed pants and leave?.
7. The inspector?s interview with staff #1, staff stated not being informed of the other incidents of inappropriate behaviors involving resident #1.
Plan of Correction: Not available online. Contact Inspector for more information.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility++.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.