Early Years Preschool and Parents' Day Out
3701 Lorcom Lane
Arlington, VA 22207
Current Inspector: Pamela Sneed (703) 479-4704
Inspection Date: Nov. 15, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
- Technical Assistance:
Director and inspection discussed maintenance of staff files and children records.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted today from 10:45am-1:00pm. There were 31 children directly supervised by 7 staff. The physical plant, 5 staff records, 5 children?s records, 1 medication, evacuation drills, emergency supplies, and policies were inspected. Children were observed participating in group play, circle time, playing with blocks, preparing to go outside and playing outside. Children were encouraged to place their jackets on independently and listened to teacher instruction to line up. There was a supply of materials for the children. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the Violation Notice.
If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Leah Pagala at email@example.com or (703) 537-6757.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-70-A Description: Based on five staff records reviewed, staff files were not complete for each file member.
1) Staff 1 does not have documentation of written information to demonstrate that the individual received orientation training required by the job position. (Staff 1, DOH:6/24/2019)
2) Staff 2 does not have documentation of written information to demonstrate that the individual possesses the education, and orientation training required by the job position. (Staff 2, DOH:11/4/2019)
3) Staff 3 does not have documentation of written information to demonstrate that the individual possesses the education, and orientation training required by the job position, and two completed reference checks. (Staff 3, DOH:08/26/2019)
4) Staff 4 does not have documentation of written information to demonstrate that the individual received orientation training required by the job position and a second completed reference. (Staff 4, DOH:08/26/2019)
5) Staff 5 does not have documentation of written information to demonstrate that the individual possesses the education, and orientation training required by the job position and two completed references. (Staff 5, DOH:10/18/2019)
Plan of Correction: We will update all records to reflect all completed documentation.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-270-A Description: Based on observation, the center failed to ensure all equipment in the center were maintained in a safe condition.
Evidence: In the hummingbirds classroom, the plastic molding for the sink is peeling off. An attempt to fix it with tape is visible but has not held. It is a potential pinching hazard to children.
Plan of Correction: We will contact maintenance to have the item replaced.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-280-B Description: Based on observation, the center did not ensure all hazardous items were kept in a locked place using a safe locking method that prevents access by children.
Evidence: In the penguins class, disinfectants wipes were stored in an unlocked cabinet. In the parrots class, disinfectant wipes were stored in an unlocked cabinet.
Plan of Correction: Cabinets were locked at the time of inspection. We will remind staff to lock cabinets with any cleaning agents
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-550-D Description: Based on observation and interview, the center did not complete monthly evacuation drills.
Evidence: The last documented drill conducted was in August 2019. No drills in September and October 2019 were conducted.
Plan of Correction: We will conduct drills monthly going forward.
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-60-C-2 Description: Based on record review, the center did not ensure all staff had a completed central registry finding within 30 days of employment.
Evidence: Staff 1 and 2 do not have a completed central registry finding and were hired on 8/26/2019.
Plan of Correction: CPS background checks were sent out for the staff members. We will follow up on the status and document. If needed, we will complete new checks.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.