Little Friends Learning Center, LLC
2732 Martinsburg Pike
Stephenson, VA 22656
Current Inspector: Barbara Workman
Inspection Date: Nov. 20, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
An unannounced renewal inspection was conducted on 11/20/2019 from 10:00 A.M.-1:30 P.M. There were 13 children present with three staff and one administrator present. Five children records, four staff records, first aid and emergency supplies, evacuation drill, outdoor play area, over the counter skin products and required documentation, five injury reports, emergency plan, and required posted information were reviewed. Children were observed during free choice activities, small group activities, art activity, story time, journal writing, diapering, handwasing, music and movement, outdoor play time, lunchtime, preparation for nap time and nap time. The exceptions to compliance are noted on the violation notice.
If you have any questions or concerns contact the licensing inspector at (540)-430-9257 for further assistance.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-130-A Description: Based on a review of children records, the center failed to ensure that immunizations were obtained before or on the first day of attendance for all children.
1. Child #4's date of enrollment was 09/23/2019 the immunizations were dated 10/03/2019.
2. Staff verified that the immunizations for Child #4 were not obtained before or on the first day of attendance.
Plan of Correction: Administration misunderstood the standard and thought she had 30 days to obtain immunizations. In the future all immunizations will be obtained before the child can attend the center.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-280-B Description: Based on observation, the center failed to ensure that all hazardous materials were kept in a locked location.
1. In the Bathroom there was a container of Clorox Disinfectant Wipes on a shelf above the cabinet.
2. In the Older Pre-School Classroom there was a container of Clorox Disinfectant Wipes, and a bottle of Target brand Disinfectant Spray on top of the storage cabinet.
3. In the large two year old classroom there was a bottle of bleach spray on the counter above the lunchbox storage cabinet.
4. The warning labels stated "keep out of reach of children", flammable, and hazardous to animals and humans.
Plan of Correction: Staff immediately placed all the hazardous materials in a locked location.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-280-G Description: Based on observation and interview, the center failed to ensure that all substitute containers contain hazardous materials were clearly labled with the contents of the bottle.
1. In the large two year old classroom there was a spray bottle containing a bleach and water mixture on the counter above the lunchbox storage cabinet that was not labeled with the contents.
2. Staff verified that the contents was a bleach and water mixture and that the bottle was not labeled with the contents.
Plan of Correction: Staff immediately placed a post-it note on the bottle labeled with the contents.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-550-M Description: Based on review of injury reports, the center failed to ensure all required information was completed and included in the report.
1. Injury reports dated 09/03/2019 and 10/29/2019 were missing the time the parent was notified.
2. Owie reports dated 09/26/2019 and 11/06/2019 were missing staff present at the time of the accident, date and time the parent was notified, and how the the parent was notified.
3. Staff verified that the reports were missing all the required information.
Plan of Correction: Administration will review with staff the requirements when completing injury reports and add the required information to the Owie reports if they continue to use that format.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-560-F Description: Based on review of the menu and interview, the center failed to follow the nutritional requirements of a recognized authority such as the the Child and Adult Care Food Program of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
1. The posted menu for the month of November indicated that AM snack and PM snack was only comprised of one component. Two components are required for AM and PM snack times. Staff stated they serve water during both snack times.
2. Staff verified that there was only one component being served with the AM and PM snack.
Plan of Correction: Administration will review the menu and add a second component for both the AM and PM snack times.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.