Charlottesville Waldorf School
722 Rio Road East
Charlottesville, VA 22901
(434) 973-4946 (103)
Current Inspector: Michelle W. Argenbright (540) 848-4123
Inspection Date: Dec. 2, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted on 12/2/19 from 11:05 am until 2:45 pm at Charlottesville Waldorf School to review the licensing standards. At the time of the inspection 31 children were in care with six staff. The sample size consisted of five children's records and five staff's records. Children and staff were observed during free indoor and outdoor play, bathroom break, transitions and behavioral guidance. Violations were found during this inspection and are documented on the violation notice.
If you have questions or concerns contact the licensing inspector at (540) 848-4123 for further assistance.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-60-A Description: Based on record review and interview, the center failed to maintain a complete record for each child enrolled.
1. The records of five children were reviewed. No child's record contained addresses for the required two emergency contacts. Child 1, child 3, child 4 and child 5's records contained work a phone number for only one parent. Child 2's record did not contain work phone numbers for either parent.
2. The administrator verified they do not have this information in children's records.
Plan of Correction: We have updated our online application to require this information before parents can proceed so that they cannot skip over required information.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-280-B Description: Based on observation, the center failed to ensure hazardous substances such as cleaning materials are kept in a locked place using a safe locking method that prevents access by children.
In the main floor back classroom a spray bottle marked table cleaner was found on an open shelf.
Plan of Correction: The director notified teachers and they locked up clearing materials.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-540-E Description: Based on observation and interview, the center failed to ensure the nonmedical emergency supplies worked properly.
1. The battery operated flashlight on the main floor did not have working batteries.
2. The administrator verified they did not have working batteries for the flashlight.
Plan of Correction: Batteries have been replaced.
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-60-C-2 Description: Based on observation, the center failed to obtain the search of central registry within 30 days of employment for one out of five staff.
1. The record for staff 5 was reviewed. Staff 5's hire date was 9/27/19. Staff 5's record did not contain a search of central registry.
2. Staff 5 stated she had not completed a search of central registry.
Plan of Correction: Central registry has been mailed. Still waiting for a response.
Standard #: 22VAC40-80-120-E-2 Description: Based on observation and interview, the center failed to post the most recent inspection of the facility.
1. The inspection results posted at each of the entrances was not the most current inspection results.
2. The administrator verified the most current inspection was not posted.
Plan of Correction: Inspections have been posted. We did not receive a complete violation notice until January 6th.
Standard #: 63.2(17)-1720.1-B-2 Description: Based on record review and interview, the center failed to obtain a fingerprint-based criminal history determination letter prior to hire.
1. The record for staff 5 was reviewed. Staff 5's hire date was 9/27/19. Staff 5's record did not contain the fingerprint-based criminal history determination letter.
2. Staff 5 stated she had not obtain a fingerprint-based criminal history check yet.
Plan of Correction: Fingerprints were taken on 12/9/19 but they have not been returned.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.