Montessori School of Oakton
12113 Vale Road
Oakton, VA 22124
Current Inspector: Maria Robles-Lopez (703) 397-3827
Inspection Date: Dec. 17, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted from approximately 9:15am - 12:30 pm. At the time of entrance, 49 children were in care with 6 staff members present. Children were observed during snack time, engaged in self directed group activities and transitioning to lunch. The site was clean, organized and contained a varied supply of developmentally appropriate materials. A selection of staff and children records, the physical space, emergency supplies, evacuation drills, attendance records, injury reports, required posted documents, medications and the Emergency Preparedness Plan were reviewed. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the violation notice. If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Maria Robles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-80-A Description: Based on documentation review and interview, it was determined that the center did not keep a written record of every children in attendance each day.
1) On the date of inspection, an attendance form was not available for review for classroom AYM. The most recent attendance available was for November 20th, 2019.
2) The teacher in the classroom reported that she did not know where the attendance sheet for December was.
Plan of Correction: It was corrected during the inspection and we will have an attendance book and make sure we record the attendance daily.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-90--A Description: Based on record review and interview, it was determined that 2 out of 4 records reviewed did not contain all the required written agreements between the parent and the center.
1) The record for Child 3 and Child 4 did not contain documentation of a statement that the center will notify the parent when the child becomes ill and that the parent will arrange to have the child picked up as soon as possible and a statement that the parent will inform the center within 24 hours or the next business day after his child or any member of the immediate household has developed any reportable communicable disease.
2) Staff 1 reported that a new enrollment agreement was implemented this school year and they thought they had all the necessary information in it.
Plan of Correction: We will use our old form until we re-do the new form and make sure we change the wording to include it.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-240-A Description: Based on record review and interview, it was determined that staff did not receive all required training by the first day of assuming job responsibilities.
1) On the date of inspection, the records for Staff 1-3 did not contain any documentation of having completed the Recognizing child abuse and neglect and the legal requirements for reporting suspected child abuse training as required by the Code of Virginia.
2) Staff 1 and 2 stated that they did not know that this training was required.
Plan of Correction: We will ask to complete the training over the winter break.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.