Kiddie Academy of Reston
12320 Pincrest Road, Suite 150
Reston, VA 20191
Current Inspector: Maria Robles-Lopez (703) 397-3827
Inspection Date: Jan. 27, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
- Technical Assistance:
Discussion was held regarding the topics of diapering areas and medication. Results of the out-of-state results must be sent to the LI within 10 work days.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted on this date from approximately 9:05 am to 3:00 pm. At the time of entrance, 140 children were in direct care of 27 staff members. Ratios were in compliance. Staff and children were observed during snack time, engaged in group activities like circle time, story reading, and clean up, as well as working in centers doing painting, drawing, tracing letters and numbers, and observing rocks. School age children were observed while recording a movie. The site was clean, organized and contained a varied supply of developmentally appropriate materials. Staff were observed while diapering, bottle feeding, feeding snack, supervising, guiding and redirecting children as needed. A selection of staff and children records, the physical space, emergency supplies, evacuation drills, attendance records, required posted documents, medications and the Emergency Preparedness Plan were reviewed. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the violation notice. If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Maria Robles at email@example.com.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-320-B Description: Based on observation, not all bathrooms were equipped with soap, toilet paper, and disposable towels.
1) The bathroom that is shared by Rooms 5 and 6 did not contain toilet paper in 1 of the 2 stalls.
Plan of Correction: We gave the classes extra toilet paper to have in the classroom to use when needed. Corrected during inspection.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-560-G Description: Based on observation, it was determined that food containers brought from home were not always clearly dated and labeled.
1) In Room 3, "Peaches", 1 milk bottle and 3 food containers for Child 6 were not dated and labeled with the child's name.
2) In Room 3, "Peaches", 9 food containers for Child 7-10 were not dated.
3) In Room 9, "Plums", 1 food container for Child 11 was not dated and labeled with the child's name.
Plan of Correction: We will make post a sign to remind parents to label at drop off and for teachers to continue to check they are labeled.
Standard #: 63.2(17)-1720.1-B-3 Description: Based on record review and interview, it was determined that the center did not ensure that employees that had lived out of the state of VA within the last 5 years have in their files the result of an out of state Child abuse and neglect search request within 30 days of employment.
1) The record for Staff 3 (start date 03/05/2018) did not have documentation of an out-of-state child abuse and neglect search request. Staff 3 had declared in their sworn statement having lived out of the state of Virginia.
2) The record for Staff 4 (start date 03/15/2018) did not have documentation of an out-of-state child abuse and neglect search request. Staff 4 had declared in their sworn statement having lived out of state of Virginia.
3) Staff 1 stated that she did not remember requesting the search requests.
Plan of Correction: During inspection, forms were filled out and were ready to be sent.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.