Ms. Sabrina Wilson
1808-B Solomon Road
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Current Inspector: Michelle W. Argenbright (540) 848-4123
Inspection Date: Jan. 4, 2016
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-111 Medication Administration
22VAC40-111 Nighttime Care
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
63.2 General Provisions.
63.2 Licensure and Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities and Programs..
63.2 Liability Insurance Disclosure
54.1-3408 Provider must be MAT certified to administer prescription medication.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted on January 4, 2016 between the hours of approximately 10:23 a.m. and 1:55 p.m. Eleven children were enrolled and four children were in the care of one caregiver on this date (8 points). The caregiver's daughter was also present in the home. Nine children's records were reviewed and/or updated. The caregiver's record was up-to-date and, therefore, not reviewed. No medications were administered. Facility documents, posted information and safety equipment were observed/reviewed. The lunch provided on this date included: meatballs, corn, pears, pasta, crackers and milk. Program observation was completed. Activities observed on this date included: indoor play; group discussion and songs; restroom, diapering and handwashing procedures; lunch; and nap time. Adult/child interactions, behavior guidance and daily routines/transitions were also observed. The children knew and followed the daily routine and transitions well. A previously cited violation (inspection date - 11/19/2015) was reviewed for compliance. Violations were cited in the areas of recordkeeping and water temperature. Thank you for your time and assistance during this licensing inspection. Please contact me if you have questions concerning this inspection, the licensing standards and/or if I may be of assistance to you (540) 430-9262.
This document was revised on January 26, 2016
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-100-A Description: This violation was revised on January 26, 2016.
Based on review and/or update of nine children's records and discussion with caregiver A on January 4, 2016, documentation of a physical examination was not on file for two children.
1. Review of children's records, on this date, determined that documentation of a physical examination was not obtained prior to a child's attendance or within 30 days after the first day of attendance for children #2 and #4.
2. Caregiver A verified that physical exam reports were not on file for the children.
Plan of Correction: The children's parents will be contacted and documentation of physical examinations will be obtained. In the future, documentation of a physical examination will be obtained prior to a child's attendance or within 30 days after the first date of attendance.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-B Description: Based on review/update of nine children's records and discussion with caregiver A on January 4, 2016, all children's records did not contain complete information.
1. Review of children's records, on this date, determined that the records of children #1, 2 , 3 and 5 did not include the name of the child's medical insurance policy and/or the policy number.
2. Review of children's records, on this date, determined that the records of children #2, 3 and 5 did not include the name, address and/or telephone number of the child's physician.
3. Review of children's records, on this date, determined that the records of children #3, 5, 6, 9 and 10 did not include complete emergency contact information (the name, complete address and telephone number of two contacts).
4. Review of children's records, on this date, determined that the record of child #4 did not include a liability insurance disclosure form.
5. Review of children's records, on this date, determined that the records of children #6 and 7 did not include emergency medical authorization signed by the children's parent(s).
6. Caregiver A confirmed that the above information was not included in the children's records.
Plan of Correction: The children's parents will be notified and the records will be reviewed and updated to include all required information/documents. In the future, children's records will be reviewed at the time of enrollment to ensure all required information/documents are obtained.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-80-A Description: Based on review and/or update of nine children's records and discussion with caregiver A on January 4, 2016, proof of age/identity was not included in one child's record.
1. Review/update of children's records, on this date, revealed that the record of child #5 lacked verification of age/identity (as evidenced by documentation of viewing an approved source/document).
2. Caregiver A confirmed that age/identity verification was not included in the child's record.
Plan of Correction: The child's parent will be contacted and proof of age/identity will be obtained/viewed and documented in the child's record. In the future, verification of age/identity will be obtained and documented within 7 business days of a child's first date of attendance or the local authorities will be contacted.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-350-E Description: Based on observation, measurement of the water temperature and discussion with caregiver A on January 4, 2016, the hot water available to the children was not maintained within a range of 105 degrees F to 120 degrees F. Evidence: 1. Observation and measurement of the water temperature (as measured in the bathroom used by the children in care) determined that the temperature exceeded 120 degrees F. The water measured 140 degrees F on this date. 2. Caregiver A acknowledged that there had been difficulty with the municipal water supply and she made an effort to reduce the water temperature. Plan of Correction: The setting on the water heater will be lowered to ensure the water measures between 105 degrees F and 120 degrees F, in the bathroom used by the children. The children will be supervised in the bathroom until the water temperature has been reduced. The water temperature will be periodically checked, to ensure it remains in the required temperature range.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.