Ms. Rebekah Rogers
3060 Watts Farm Road
Charlottesville, VA 22911
Current Inspector: Beth Orebaugh (540) 847-9173
Inspection Date: Oct. 10, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-111 Medication Administration
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks for Child Welfare Agencies
63.2 Licensure and Registration Procedures
An unannounced mandated inspection was completed on 10/10/2019, between the hours of 10:20 A.M.-1:30 P.M. Seven children and two resident children were present for a total of twenty-six points with three caregivers present. Five caregiver records, five children records, evacuation drills, first aid kit, emergency supplies, two pet vaccines, chimney inspection,outdoor play area, and required posted information were reviewed. Children were observed during diaper change, handwashing, a neighborhood walk, infant naptime, morning snack time, and preparation for naptime. Exceptions to compliance are noted on the violation notice.
If you have questions or concerns please contact the licensing inspector at 540-430-9257.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-120-B Description: Based on review of caregiver records, the provider failed to obtain verification of age for one caregiver.
1. Review of Caregiver #3's record determined that verification of age was not on file.
2. The provider confirmed the lack of age verification in the employee record.
Plan of Correction: The provider will obtain verification of age the next day the caregiver is working.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-B Description: Based on review of children records, the provider failed to obtain all the required information for children records.
1. The record for Child E did not contain the physical address of two persons to contact in case of an emergency and the parent could not be reached.
2. The provider confirmed the record for Child E did not contain the physical addresses for the listed emergency contacts.
Plan of Correction: The provider will contact the parent and request the address for the two emergency contacts listed.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-90-A Description: Based on a review of five children records, the provider failed to obtain documentation that one child was adequately immunized before the child's first day of attendance.
1. Child E's immunization record was dated 09/27/2019. First date of enrollment was 09/23/2019.
2. The provider verified the date the immunizations were obtained and the first day of enrollment for Child E.
Plan of Correction: In the future the provider will make sure children have immunization record on file before the first day of attendance.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-180-A Description: Based on a review of staff records, the provider failed to ensure that an updated tuberculosis screening was obtained every two years from the date of the last screening.
1. Caregiver #1 and Caregiver #5's last tuberculosis screening on file was dated 10/07/2017.
2. The provider verified the date of the last tuberculosis screening obtained.
Plan of Correction: Both Caregivers have appointments to obtain a tuberculosis screening.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-320-B Description: Based on observation, the provider failed to ensure that all electrical outlets were covered with a child-resistant protective covers.
1. There was two electrical outlets without protective covers in the downstairs playroom.
2. There was one electrical outlet without a protective cover behind the rocking chair in the napping area downstairs.
3. The provider verified that the electrical outlets did not have protective covers covering the electrical outlets.
Plan of Correction: The provider immediately placed protective covers into the electrical outlets.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-460-C Description: Based on review of pet vaccine records, the provider failed to ensure that pets were vaccinated for rabies.
1. The last dated rabies vaccine on file for the cat expired on 08/04/2019. The provider stated the outdoor cat is a stray cat, but that she feeds it and allows the cat to be around the children.
2. The provider verified that the rabies vaccine had not been updated.
Plan of Correction: The provider will make an appointment to obtain a rabies vaccine for the cat.
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-60-C-2 Description: Based on review of caregiver records, the provider failed to obtain a central registry search within 30 days of employment.
1. Caregiver #4's did not contain documentation of a central registry background check being completed. Date of employment for Caregiver #4 was 08/05/2019.
2. The provider verified that the central registry background checks was not in Caregiver #4's file.
Plan of Correction: The provider stated she had completed the central registry background search, but she could not locate it. The provider will contact the office on investigation and request a copy. The provider will submit the central registry check to the licensing inspector once obtained.
Standard #: 63.2-1720.1-B-2 Description: Based on review of caregiver records, the provider failed to obtain fingerprinting results prior to employment.
1. Caregiver #3's fingerprint results were dated 07/22/2019. Date of employment for Caregiver #3 was 06/05/2019.
Plan of Correction: There was an emergency situation that occurred and the fingerprint was not obtained before the first day of employment. In the future the provider will obtain fingerprints prior to the first date of employment.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.