745 Bonnie Ridge Drive, NE.
Leesburg, VA 20176
Current Inspector: Maria Robles-Lopez (703) 397-3827
Inspection Date: Oct. 15, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
- Technical Assistance:
Discussion was held on the topics of documentation for children?s records, and staff training hours.
An unannounced renewal inspection was conducted today between the hours of approximately 8:45 am through 11:15am. At the beginning of the inspection, there were 5 children (14 points) directly supervised by 3 caregivers. An additional child arrived during the inspection for a total of 6 children (16 points). A sample of 6 children's files and 3 staff/household members? files were reviewed. The children were observed during nap, free toy play, outside play and lunch. Children and staff were observed cuddling, playing and singing. A walkthrough of the entire family day home was conducted. Cribs, the physical space, emergency supplies, evacuation drills and the Emergency Preparedness Plan were reviewed. There were no medications today on site. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the violation notice. If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Maria Robles at email@example.com.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-760-A-1 Description: Based on emergency supplies review and interview, the provider did not have a complete first aid kit.
1) The first aid kit in the family day home did not contain triangular bandages.
2) The provider said they did not have triangular bandages available.
Plan of Correction: I made two with the scarves
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-770 Description: Based on emergency supplies review and interview, the provider did not have a working battery-operated flashlight and a working portable battery-operated weather band radio available to caregivers.
1) A working battery-operated weather band radio was not available at the time of inspection.
2) The provider stated that they had a radio that was not working and they need to buy a new one.
3) The provider located a flashlight in the family day home but it was not in working condition.
4) The provider changed the batteries and the bulb of the flashlight at the time of inspection and it still did not work.
Plan of Correction: I bought a new flashlight and radio.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-790 Description: Based on observation and interview, emergency telephone numbers were not posted in a visible area close to the telephone.
1) The inspector could not locate the required emergency telephone numbers posted in a visible area close to the telephone.
2) The provider stated that they did have emergency numbers but could not demonstrate they were posted.
Plan of Correction: I asked them to send one as soon as they can.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-120-B Description: Based on record review, a caregiver's records did not contain all required information.
1) Staff #2?s record did not contain documentation of the following required information: address, verification of age, job title, date of employment, name/address/telephone number of a person to be notified in an emergency, and two or more references
Plan of Correction: I filled out one for her.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-B Description: Based on record review, children?s records did not contain all required information.
1) Child #1?s record did not contain address and phone number for the parent?s work place.
2) Child #5?s record did not contain phone numbers for both parents?
3) Child #5?s record did not contain the physician?s phone number.
4) Child #3 and Child #4?s records did not contain addresses for each of the 2 emergency contacts required.
5) Child #4 and Child #6?s records did not contain the first day of attendance.
6) Child #2?s record did not contain a signature for the authorization for emergency care provision.
7) Child #3?s record did not contain a signature for the provisions of the emergency plan.
Plan of Correction: 1) Work address is same as home address. Phone number is his cell phone. 2) Same as home=father. 3) Found it. 4) Got the address. 5) Got the date. 6) It had signature. 7) It fixed.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-210-A Description: Based on record review and interview, caregivers did not obtain a minimum of 16 clock hours of training annually in areas relevant to their job responsibilities.
1) Staff #1 completed 5 out of the 16 required training hours in 2018.
2) Staff #3 completed 3 out of the 16 required training hours in 2018.
3) Provider acknowledged it has been difficult to complete the training.
Plan of Correction: We all scheduled to go to training class every Saturday
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-230-A Description: Based on record review and interview, provider did not maintain written documentation of orientation for each caregiver.
1) The provider stated that Staff #2 began working ?about 3 weeks ago?.
2) Staff #2?s record did not contain documentation of orientation training.
Plan of Correction: Already fix it.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-330-A Description: Based on observation and interview, the family day home did not have a landline phone available.
1) A landline phone was not available during inspection.
2) Provider said they did not have a landline phone available.
Plan of Correction: We bought one.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-690-D Description: Based on observation, the diapering surface was not nonabsorbent.
1) The diapering surface was observed with small rips which prevent it from being nonabsorbent.
Plan of Correction: I repair it.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.