6806 Hopewell Ave
Springfield, VA 22151
Current Inspector: Maria Robles-Lopez (703) 397-3827
Inspection Date: Oct. 30, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-111 Medication Administration
- Technical Assistance:
Discussion was held on the topics of record keeping, hand washing, maintenance and household members.
An unannounced monitoring visit was conducted today between the hours of approximately 11:00am to 3:00pm. There were 10 children [30 points] with 2 caregivers. A sample of 4 children's records, 1 household member record, 3 caregiver records, the physical space, attendance records, cribs, required posted documents, the Emergency Preparedness Plan, emergency drills and emergency supplies were reviewed. There were no medications at site on this date. Infants were observed crawling, playing with appropriate toys, bottle feeding, and napping. Children were engaged solving puzzles, working with phonics flashcards, eating lunch and napping. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the violation notice. If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Maria Robles at email@example.com.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-750-A Description: Based on observation and interview, diaper ointments brought from home were not labeled with the child's name as required.
1) In the diapering area, two containers of vaseline and one diaper cream tub were not labeled with the child's name.
2) The assistant in the infant room stated that the creams were brought by the parents.
Plan of Correction: To correct this error I will make sure all ointments are clearly labeled with the child's name.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-780-B Description: Based on document review, the provider did not review annually with the parent the emergency contact information required to ensure the information is correct.
1) The record for Child #3 documents the date of the last update as 07/17/17.
2) The record for Child #4 documents the date of the last update as 10/24/18.
Plan of Correction: To ensure the information is correct and up-to-date I will be sure to review annually with the parent regarding emergency contact information.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-830-A Description: Based on document review and interview, emergency evacuation procedures were not practiced monthly.
1) Evacuation drills were not practiced on October 2018 and January, April, June and August 2019. [October 2018 - October 2019]
2) Provider stated that in those instances, they practiced shelter-in-place procedures.
Plan of Correction: I will make sure to practice all the drills I need.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-940-B Description: Based on observation, the provider did not have an operable thermometer available to monitor the freezer compartment temperatures.
1) A thermometer was not available for the freezer compartment.
Plan of Correction: I will purchase a thermometer for the freezer as well.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-960-E Description: Based on observation, bottles brought from home were not labeled and dated as required.
1) Bottles for Child # 1 and Child #2 were in the infant room and not labeled with name or date.
Plan of Correction: I will make sure each bottle has a clear name and date.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-100-A Description: Based on document review, the provider did not obtain documentation of a physical examination prior to a child's attendance or within 30 days after the first day of attendance.
1) The record for Child #1 [first day of attendance 05/20/19] and Child #3 [first day of attendance unknown] did not contain documentation of a physical examination.
Plan of Correction: I will obtain documentation of physical examinations that are prior to a child's absence.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-B Description: Based on document review, children's records did not contain all required information.
1)The record for Child #1 did not contain documentation of one of the parents' name, address, phone number and workplace name, address and phone number.
2) The record for Child #3 did not contain a date for the first day of attendance.
3) The record for Child #4 did not contain an address for one parent's work and the number for medical insurance policy.
Plan of Correction: I will make sure I have all the requirements for the children's records.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-90-A Description: Based on record review, the provider did not obtain documentation that the child has been adequately immunized before a child may attend the family day home.
1) The record for Child #3 (first day of attendance unknown) did not contain documentation that the child has been adequately immunized.
Plan of Correction: I will provide documentation to prove that each child is adequately immunized.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-180-A Description: Based on record review, the provider did not obtain for each caregiver a subsequent tuberculosis (Tb) screening every two years.
1) The last Tb screening for Staff #2 is dated 10/04/2017. A subsequent Tb screening was due on 10/5/2019.
Plan of Correction: I will provide a Tb screening. The appointment for the screening is scheduled for 11/11/2019.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-690-D Description: Based on observation, the diapering surface was not nonabsorbent and washable and was not cleaned and sanitized after each use.
1) The diapering mat in the infant room had small rips which prevent it from being nonabsorbent.
2) The assistant in the infant's room stated that she does not use a two-step process for cleaning and sanitizing the diapering mat after each use.
Plan of Correction: I will buy a new one and make sure that my assistant and I complete the two-step process for cleaning the diaper mat.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.