Liliana Yemina Torres Serpa
6470 Fourth Street
Alexandria, VA 22312
Current Inspector: Maria Robles-Lopez (703) 397-3827
Inspection Date: Jan. 9, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks for Child Welfare Agencies
An unannounced renewal inspection was conducted today between the hours of approximately 10:45 am through 1:45 pm. There were 6 children (15 points) present with the provider. A sample of 6 children's files and 1 staff/household member's files were reviewed. The provider completed 17 hours of training during the last licensing period. The children were observed during the following: free toy play, snack time, hand washing procedures, lunch, transition to nap and nap time. Cribs, the physical space, evacuation drills and attendance records were reviewed. There were no medications on site today. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the violation notice. If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Maria Robles at email@example.com.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-830-A Description: Based on documentation review and interview, it was determined that emergency evacuation procedures were not practiced monthly.
1) The emergency evacuation procedures drill log did not document an evacuation drill for the month of December 2019.
2) The provider stated that they did not completed an evacuation drill for that month.
Plan of Correction: I will make sure we complete a drill every month.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-830-B Description: Based on documentation review, it was determined that shelter-in-place procedures were not practiced at least a minimum of twice a year.
1) The emergency drills log for the 2019 year did not document that shelter-in-place drills were completed during the year.
Plan of Correction: I will make sure we complete the shelter-in-place drills and I document them.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-830-D Description: Based on documentation review and interview, it was determined that records of emergency evacuation and shelter-in-place drills were not maintained for one year.
1) On the date of inspection the emergency drills log for the year of 2018 was not available for review.
2) The provider stated that she could not find the emergency drills log for 2018.
Plan of Correction: I will make sure to keep them in my records.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-B Description: Based on record review, children's records did not contain all required information.
1) The records for Child 2 and Child 5 did not contain the telephone number of one of their custodial parent's place of employment.
2) The records for Child 4 did not contain the first date of attendance.
3) The records for Child 3-6 did not contain documentation of the review of the child's emergency contact information. The most recent reviews were dated 02/12/2018 for Child 3, 03/19/18 for Child 4, 10/01/18 for Child 5 and 02/12/18 for Child 6.
6) The records for Child 2, Child 3 and Child 5 did not contain the parent's signed acknowledgement of the receipt of the family day home information as required.
Plan of Correction: I will request the information from the parents.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-70-A Description: Based on record review, it was determined that not all parents were provided in writing with required information of the family day home policies and procedures.
1) The record for Child 2, Child 3 and Child 6 did not contain signed documentation of the policies for the administration of medications, whether or not there is liability insurance and the policies for the administration of medications.
2) The record for Child 5 did not contain an updated and signed policy for the administration of medications.
Plan of Correction: I will ask the parents to sign the documents.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-240-A Description: Based on observation, areas of the family day home were not maintained in a clean, safe, and operable condition.
1) In the bathroom of the care area, the lower bottom corner of the wall in front of the toilet the wood paneling is cracked, revealing splinters and posing a scrape hazard.
2) On the wall to the right of the sink mirror an area with peeling paint was observed.
Plan of Correction: I will fix everything this weekend.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-320-G Description: Based on documentation review and interview, it was determined that wood burning fireplaces and associated chimneys were not inspected annually by a knowledgeable inspector to verify that the devices are properly installed, maintained, and cleaned as needed.
1) A is a wood burning fireplace, covered by wood paneling, was observed in the care area. On the date of inspection, documentation of an inspection of the fireplace was not available for review.
2) The provider stated that the wood burning fireplace is covered and is never used.
Plan of Correction: I will make an appointment as soon as possible.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.