Mighty Minds, Little Hands International Preschool, LLC
2117 Angus Road
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Current Inspector: Barbara Workman
Inspection Date: Aug. 20, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was completed on 08/20/2019 from 9:15 A.M- 1:15 P.M. At the time of the inspection 69 children were in care with thirteen staff and two administrators present. Six children's records, seven staff records, three medications and required documentations, required posted information, evacuation drills, five injury reports, first aid kits and emergency supplies,playground safety plan, health inspection, fire inspection,playground safety plan, and outside play area were reviewed. Children were observed during transition to outside time, diapering, free choice activities,infant feeding,diapering,story time, music and movement activities, outdoor play time, interactions with infants, behavioral guidance, handwashing, lunchtime, and naptime. The exceptions to compliance are noted on the violation notice.
If you have questions or concerns contact the licensing inspector at (540)-430-9257 for further assistance.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-140-A Description: Based on review of children files, the center failed to obtain a physical exam for a child either before the child's first day of attendance or within one month after attendance.
1. Child #1's file had no documentation of a physical exam. First date of attendance was 07/23/2018.
2. Staff verified that the physical exam had not been obtained.
Plan of Correction: Administration will contact the parents of the child today and request a physical exam.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-280-B Description: Based on observation, the center failed to ensure that all hazardous materials were kept in a locked location.
1. In Classroom A in the restroom in the cabinet under the sink there was a container of Disinfectant Wipes.
2. In the restroom of Classroom A there was a container of N-127 Super Concentrated Airborne Odor Elimination Sweet Lemon spray on the shelve where the diapers are stored.
3. The warning labels stated "keep out of reach of children", and harmful to human and domestic animals.
4. Staff verified that the Disinfectant Wipes and N-127 spray were not located in a locked location.
Plan of Correction: Administration will meet with the staff of Classroom A and review the standard regarding hazardous materials.
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-60-C-2 Description: Based on review of staff records, the center failed to obtain a central registry background check within 30 days of employment.
1. Staff #3's file did contain a completed Central Registry Background Check. Date of employment was 06/06/2018.
2. Staff verified that there was not a completed copy of the central registry background check. There was documentation in the file that it had been sent out on 06/15/2018, but there had not been a follow-up completed to check the status of the background check.
Plan of Correction: Administration immediately contacted the Office of Background Investigation to find out the status of the background check. Once the background check is obtained it will be forwarded to the licensing inspector.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.