ImagiNation Learning Center of Chantilly
14428 Albemarle Point Place
Chantilly, VA 20151
Current Inspector: Charles Perkins (703) 309-3963
Inspection Date: Sept. 4, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
32.1 Report by person other than physician
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
- Technical Assistance:
Discussion was held on the topics of current enrollment, current staffing, and medication.
The following inspection took place between the hours of 9 am through 12:30 pm. Today, I met with the Staff of the ImagiNation Learning Center located in Chantilly, Virginia. At the start of this unannounced monitoring inspection there were a total of 83 children with 18 staff; good ratios in all 9 rooms. A total of 5 children?s files and 5 staff files were reviewed. The children were engaged in the following: Infant feeding, infant play, diapering, hand washing, morning snack, books, reading, story time, large motor skilled activities outside on center playground, music, song, center activities within the classroom, lunch, nap time, and other organized activities. If you should have any future questions, please call or send an e-mail. Thank you.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-270-A Description: Based on observation and interview, a piece of equipment inside the center was not maintained in an operable condition.
1. On the date of inspection (09/04/2019), the cover to the toilet paper dispenser was off and sitting to the side within the Zebra's room bathroom.
2. Staff #3 stated (during an interview conducted on the date of inspection - 09/04/2019) that the cover broke off this morning.
Plan of Correction: Cover shall be fixed and put back in place.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-290-3 Description: Based on observation and interview, an electrical outlet was missing its protective cover.
1. On the date of inspection (09/04/2019), at approximately 9:25 am, within the Zebra Room, an outlet cover located on the middle part of the wall, directly below the mounted television, was without its protective cover. The children were in story time with one staff leading this activity and the other staff observing.
2. Upon a returning to this room, the outlet was being used to charge equipment.
Plan of Correction: Corrected on the date of inspection.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-510-A Description: Based on review, medication to be administer on an as needed basis had an authorization form that had expired.
1. On the date of inspection (09/04/2019), the medical authorization for Child #6 had a duration period of 08/20/2018 through 08/20/2019.
2. The medication for this authorization was observed on site during today's inspection.
Plan of Correction: The medication shall be returned to the parent of Child #6 and the authorization shall be updated.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.