Charlottesville Day School, Inc.
316/320 10th Street, NE
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Current Inspector: Barbara Workman (540) 430-9257
Inspection Date: Sept. 9, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
An unannounced renewal inspection was completed on 09/09/2019 from 10:20 A.M. until 2:30 P.M. At the time of the inspection 43 children were in care with seven staff, and one office coordinator present. Six children's records, seven staff records, four board members records, three medications and required documentation,health inspection, fire inspection,emergency plan, required posted information, evacuation drills, four injury reports, first aid kits and supplies, and outside play area were reviewed. Children were observed during snack time, handwashing, diapering, outdoor play time, storytime, behavioral guidance, transition times, half-day departure, lunchtime, and naptime. The exceptions to compliance are noted on the violation notice.
If you have questions or concerns contact the licensing inspector at (540)-430-9257 for further assistance.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-500-B Description: Based on observation, the center did not ensure that proper diapering procedures were followed.
1. When changing a Toddler pull-up, Staff #8 was observed disposing of a soiled pull-up. Staff #8 turned to place the pull-up in the foot operated waste can. Instead of using the foot pedal to open the waste can lid she opened the lid with her hand and disposed of the pull-up.
2. Staff #8 verified that she did not use the foot pedal to open the waste can lid, but used her hand. Staff #8 stated that the foot pedal did not work and was broken.
Plan of Correction: Administration will order a new foot pedal operated trash can immediately.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-510-E Description: Based on a review of medication, the center failed to ensure that over the counter medication was labeled with the dosage amount.
1. In Classroom #2, Child 2M had an over the counter medication that was not labeled with the dosage amount to be given.
2. Staff verified that the medication was not labeled with the dosage amount.
Plan of Correction: Administration will review with staff all requirements for medications, and will label the medication with the dosage amount.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-510-G Description: Based on review of medication, the center failed to ensure that the center administers only those drugs that were dispensed from a pharmacy and maintained in the original and labeled container.
1. In Classroom #2, Child 2M had an emergency medication that was not in the original box, and did not have a prescription label.
2. Staff verified that the emergency medication was not in the original box and did not contain a prescription label.
Plan of Correction: Administration will contact the parents and request that the original box with the prescription label for the emergency medication be brought into the center.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.