Kid's Kingdom Child Development Center LLC - Virginia Beach
5230 Indian River Road
Virginia beach, VA 23464
Current Inspector: Nanette Roberts (757) 404-2322
Inspection Date: Sept. 19, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
- Technical Assistance:
Technical assistance was provided in the following areas of the standards: 22VAC40-191 (Background checks); 22VAC40-185-(2)-60-A (Children's records); 22VAC40-185-(4)-270-A (Building maintenance); 22VAC40-185-43)-330 (Play areas);
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted on 9/19/19 from 10:20am - 12:15pm. During the inspection there were 18 children ages one year old through five years old in care with five staff. Children were observed participating in various activities in the classrooms, playing outside, eating lunch, and during lunch. Records were reviewed for five children and five staff. There was no medication at the facility. Emergency procedures and emergency supplies were reviewed during the inspection. Areas of non-compliance are identified on the violation notice and were discussed during the exit interview.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-60-A Description: Based on a review of five children's records and interview, it was determined that the facility did not ensure that they maintain and keep at the center a complete record for each child enrolled that contains all required information.
1.The record for child #1 did not indicate whether or not the child had previously attended child care.
2.The record for child #2 did not indicate whether or not the child had previously attended child care
3.The record for child #3 did not indicate whether or not the child had previously attended child care
4. The record for child #4 did not indicate whether or not the child had previously attended child care
5. The record for child #5 did not indicate whether or not the child had previously attended child care
6. Staff #1 confirmed that the records for child #1, child #2, child #3, child #4 and child #5 did not contain all of the required information.
Plan of Correction: The facility responded: The parents of each child will be asked to provide the missing information. All new children will have their record reviewed prior to enrollment.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-270-A Description: Based on observation and interviews, it was determined that the facility did not ensure that all areas and equipment of the center shall be maintained in a safe and operable condition.
1. There are several broken fence boards on each playground. In addition, there are several broken boards on each of the barriers surrounding the play structures on each playground.
2. In each of the classrooms, there is peeling paint
3. Staff #1 confirmed the items listed above were not in a safe and operable condition
Plan of Correction: The facility responded: The owners of the building are getting bids to have the fence replaced, and the center painted.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-330-B Description: Based on observation, it was determined that where playground equipment is provided, resilient surfacing shall comply with minimum safety standards when tested in accordance with the procedures described in the American Society for Testing and Materials standard F1292-99 and shall be under equipment with moving parts or climbing apparatus to create a fall zone free of hazardous obstacles.
1. The resilient surface (rubber mulch), around the play structure was less than six inches in depth and there is grass growing in it also
2. Staff #1 viewed the resilient surfacing (rubber mulch) in the fall zone for the play structure, and confirmed that it was not compliant with the requirements in the standards of six inches of resilient surfacing.
Plan of Correction: The facility responded: Additional resilient surfacing will be added to ensure compliance and the grass removed from the fall zone area.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-570-E Description: Based on interviews, it was determined that the licensee did not ensure that when food is brought from home it is labeled with the child's name and date.
1. There was a bottle in the refrigerator in the Infant classroom that were not labeled with the date.
2. Staff #4 confirmed that the bottles were not labeled with the date.
Plan of Correction: The facility responded; Corrected during the inspection as bottles were labeled with the date.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.