21480 Pacific Blvd
Sterling, VA 20166
Current Inspector: Charles Perkins (703) 309-3963
Inspection Date: Oct. 1, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
- Technical Assistance:
Discussion was held on the topics of current enrollment, current staffing, and staff files. In addition, a crib with the manufacture date of 12/20/2010 was observed. The manufacturer was contacted and documentation of proof of compliance will be emailed to the center.
The following inspection took place between the hours of 8 am through 2 pm. Today, I met with the Staff of the Augusta School located Sterling, Virginia. At the start of this unannounced monitoring inspection there were a total of 22 children observed with 5 classroom staff; good ratios in all 4 rooms. A total of 5 children?s files and 5 staff files were reviewed. The children were engaged in the following: infant napping, infant feeding, diapering, story time, art, bathroom breaks, cart trips, games, reading, lunch, nap time, and other organized activities. If you should have any future questions, please call or send an e-mail at email@example.com.. Thank you.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-210-A-4-a Description: Based on review and interview, documentation of 24 hours of training was not available for a staff person who was promoted (from an assistant to a lead teacher) after June 1, 2008.
1. On the date of inspection (10/01/2019), there was no documentation available for a period of 6 months prior or 1 month after Staff #2 was promoted to a Lead teacher.
2. Staff #2 stated (during an interview conducted on the date of inspection) that she believes her promotion took place in 2014.
Plan of Correction: Staff #2 shall bring in certifications from training obtained during that time. This documentation shall be recorded and placed on file.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-240-A Description: Based on review, 2 of 5 staff files indicated that documentation of the orientation training was not available.
1. On the date of inspection (10/01/2019), orientation documentation was not available for review for: Staff #1, and Staff #3.
2. The start date for Staff #1 was listed as 06/10/2019. The start date for Staff #3 was listed as 10/15/2018.
Plan of Correction: This documentation shall be found or documented again and placed in file.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-240-D-5 Description: Based on observation and review, there was not at least one staff member on duty who has obtained (within the last three years) instruction in performing the Daily Health Observation (DHO) training.
1. On the date of inspection (10/01/2019), between 8 am and 2 pm, there was not a staff person on site who was currently certified in DHO training.
2. After a review of the staff files, 3 of 5 staff had obtained the training on 04/19/2016. However, this training had now expired.
Plan of Correction: Staff will become certified in this course once more. The center shall have one staff person on site at all time who meet has obtained this certification.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-270-A Description: Based on observation, an area inside the center was not maintained in a safe condition.
1. On the date of inspection (10/01/2019), within the 2's room, a 4 inch hole in the dry wall located directly below the left window was observed.
2. The hole appears to be on the windowsill and accessible to the children in care
3. At the time of observation there were six (6) preschoolers in the room.
Plan of Correction: The hole shall be repaired. In the meantime, it shall be covered to prevent access.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.