Grace A Child USA
602 13th Street
Radford, VA 24141
Current Inspector: Julia Kimbrough (804) 921-7596
Inspection Date: Oct. 17, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
10/17/2019 Arrived 2:00pm Departed 3:00pm
An unannounced initial licensing study was conducted today.
Thirty-six children were present with six classroom staff.
The children were resting and eating a snack.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Please contact me if I may be of service. 276 608 3749
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-270-A Description: Based on a tour of the building and outdoor areas, the facility failed to ensure that all areas and equipment are maintained in a clean, safe and operable condition.
1. On the paved play area outside the fours' room, there is a white PVC pipe protruding approximately 2 inches upward from the ground. This presents a tripping hazard.
Also on this area, there is a water spigot protruding from the brick wall approximately 3 inches. This presents a protrusion hazard.
2. In the fenced area where children three and under play outdoors, there are many acorns on the ground. They present a choking hazard.
Plan of Correction: Benches will cover protruding PVC pipe. [sic]
Box built over spigot protruding from brick wall. [sic]
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-280-B Description: Based on a tour of the building, the facility failed to ensure that all hazardous substances are kept in a locked place.
1. In the kitchen on top of the freezer: there is a gallon jug of multipurpose cleaner.
2. In the schoolers' room, there are two bottles of spray disinfectant in the upper cabinet. The door on the cabinet is open.
3. In the lobby on the back side of the reception desk, there are four bottles of window cleaner and one can of spray disinfectant.
Plan of Correction: Director will ensure that all hazardous substances are locked up at all times. Training will be done with the staff. School age lock was placed on cabinet. [sic]
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-320-B Description: Based on a tour of the building, the facility failed to ensure that all toilets were working properly.
1. There is one inoperable toilet in the schoolers' bathroom.
Plan of Correction: toilet was unstopped by plumber. [sic]
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-560-F Description: Based on observation of the afternoon snack, the facility failed to ensure that all food served to children meets the USDA guidelines.
1. The afternoon snack served to four of eight children was animal cookies and water. The snack must contain two of four food elements.
Plan of Correction: director will ensure that all staff to follow menu- cook will lay out snack [sic]
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.