Great Things Christian Childcare Center
1069 N. George Washington Highway
Chesapeake, VA 23323
Current Inspector: Kimberly Sampson (757) 354-7307
Inspection Date: Dec. 5, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
An unannounced monitoring inspection and facility tour was conducted from 10:15 am-12:00 pm. At the time of inspectors' arrival there were 8 infant to preschool aged children in care with 3 staff members. Children were observed participating in educational activities, nap, and transitioning between activities. A sample of 5 children's records and 5 staff records were reviewed. Injury reports were also reviewed. Medications are not administered at this site. The areas of noncompliance were discussed with the directors during this inspection and are detailed on the violation notice.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-130-B Description: Based on record review and interview it was determined the center did not obtain documentation of additional immunizations once every six months for children under the age of two years.
1. The record for child #1 did not contain documentation of immunizations every six months until child reached the age of two. The documentation available was dated 6/5/18.
2. The record for child #4 did not contain documentation of immunizations every six months until child reached the age of two. The documentation available was dated 3/28/19.
Plan of Correction: Center staff will request immunization documentation from the parent at pick up.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-60-A Description: Based on record review and interview it was determined the center did not ensure the records for each child enrolled contained all of the required components.
1. The record for child #1(enrolled 6/24/18) did not contain the required emergency contact information.
2. Staff confirmed child #1's record did not contain all of the required emergency contact information.
Plan of Correction: Center staff will request information from parent at pick up.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-270-A Description: Based on observation it was determined the center did not ensure all areas and equipment of the center, inside and outside, were maintained in a clean, safe and operable condition.
1. In the room with infant to preschool aged children in care there was:
-3' high shelf against the blue wall that rocked when pulled on, presenting a potential tip hazard
-peeling drywall on the beige wall at child height
-a small gap between the edge of two outlet plate covers and the wall
2. In the restroom utilized by the children in care there was a box of open nitrile gloves on top of a set of plastic storage drawers within child reach, presenting potential choking/suffocation hazards.
Plan of Correction: The gloves were removed during the inspection. Repairs will be made to the walls and the shelf will be anchored.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.