Heritage Child Development Center - The Clubhouse
1065 West Main Street
Berryville, VA 22611
Current Inspector: Barbara Workman
Inspection Date: Dec. 30, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was completed on 12/30/2019 from 10:30 A.M. until 2:00 P.M. At the time of the inspection 10 children were in care with two staff present, one additional staff member, and administrator arrived during the inspection. Five children's records, four staff records, required posted information, evacuation drills, three injury reports, first aid kits and supplies, fire inspection, and health inspection were reviewed. No medications were reviewed during the inspection. Children were observed during free play which included building, lego's, and reading, sensory activity making snow, an art activity creating an edible igloo, handwashing, lunchtime, quiet activities, large group activity, behavioral guidance, and games. The exceptions to compliance are noted on the violation notice.
If you have questions or concerns contact the licensing inspector at (540)-430-9257 for further assistance.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-130-A Description: Based on review of children records, the center failed to ensure that immunizations were received before the first day of attendance.
1. Child #5's file did not contain documentation of immunizations. Date of enrollment for Child #5 was 08/20/2019.
2. Staff verified that there was not an immunization record on file for Child #5, and date of enrollment for Child #5.
Plan of Correction: Administration will contact the parents and request a current immunization record be brought to the center before the child attends the center again.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-140-A Description: Based on review of children records, the center failed to ensure that all children had a completed physical exam on file before the first day of attendance or within 30 days of attendance.
1. Child #5's file did not contain a physical examination. Date of enrollment was 08/20/2019.
2. Staff verified that Child #5's file did not contain a physical examination, and date of enrollment as 08/20/2019.
Plan of Correction: Administration will contact the parents of Child #5 and request a copy of a completed physical exam.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-70-A Description: Based on review of staff files, the center failed to ensure that all required information was in a staff record.
1. Staff #2's file did not contain written information to demonstrate that the individual possesses the education, and staff development required by the job position. Staff #2 had the required experience, but only had three hours out of 24 hours of training required for the position.
2. Staff #2 was acting in the role of a lead teacher with one assistant on 12/30/2019 when the inspector arrived on cite.
3. Staff verified that the file was missing a copy of a high school diploma, and confirmed only three hours of training had been obtained.
Plan of Correction: Administration will request a copy of Staff #2 high school diploma. Staff #2 will obtain the additional training hours required by 1/30/2020 to fullfill the requirements for a lead teacher position.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-560-G Description: Based on observation, the center failed to ensure that lunches brought in from home were labeled with the date.
1. Ten out of ten lunchboxes did not have the date labeled on the lunchbox.
2. Staff verified that the lunchboxes were not labeled with the date.
Plan of Correction: Administration is going to work with staff and parents to put a system in place to ensure that all lunchboxes are labeled with the date.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.