Montessori of Chantilly-Casa dei Bambini
42200 Glascock Field Drive
Dulles, VA 20166
Current Inspector: Shahana Green (571) 423-6735
Inspection Date: Jan. 3, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
- Technical Assistance:
Reminder of annual review of Incident/Accident Reports
An unannounced renewal inspection was conducted today from 8:45 am until 2:00 pm. There were 41 children present with 11 staff in direct supervision. The children were observed doing map work, working on sorting activities and number activities. The student teacher interactions seemed very positive. Children's records, staff records, emergency plans, menu's, evacuation drills, emergency supplies, evacuation drills and medications were inspected. The children were also observed during hand washing and eating lunch. The children can bring lunch or participate with the school. Those you ate school lunch had chicken breast or macaroni and cheese, wheat bread, sweet peas and oranges. Areas of non compliance were cited on the Violation Notice. If you have any questions, please contact me at Tanya.Johnson1@dss.virginia.gov or call 571.423.6392.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-60-A Description: Based on a review of 5 children's records, the center failed to ensure that records contained all required documentation:
1) Child #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5's records did not have the place of employment for each parent.
2) Child # 4's record does not include phone numbers for either emergency contact..
Plan of Correction: We will collect this information and place in children's records.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-260-B Description: Based on review, the center did not ensure annual approval from the health department.
The certificate from the health department expired 12/31/2019.
Plan of Correction: We will contact the Health Department for new certificate.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-280-B Description: Based on observation, hazardous substances such as cleaning materials shall be kept loked in a place using a safe lockinng method that prevents access by children.
1) Classroom 1 had hand cream accessible to children that stated to be kept out of reach of children.
2) Classroom 3 had hand soap accessible to children that stated keep out of reach of children.
3) Classroom 4 had cleaning materials and hand sanitizer that was not kept in a locked place.
40 Classroom 6 had cleaning materials that were not kept in a lock place.
Plan of Correction: 1) Removed during inspection.
2) Removed during inspection.
3) We will buy a locking container for hazardous substances.
4) We will buy a locking container for hazardous substances.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-290-3 Description: Based on inspection, the center failed to ensure that electrical outlets will have protective covers that are of a size that cannot be swallowed by children.
1) Classroom 1 had an electrical outlet under the calendar that did not have a protective cover.
2) Classroom 2 had an electrical outlet near the sink and another electrical outlet over the helpers chart that did not have a protective covers.
3) Classroom 3 had electrical outlets in the power strip on the wall that did not have protective covers.
Plan of Correction: Replaced during inspection.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-550-M Description: Based on a review of 15 children's records, the center failed to maintain a written record of children's serious and minor injuries in which accident forms include all required information.
1) 2 of 15 incident reports did not have information on future action to prevent recurrence of the injury.
2) 1 of 15 incident reports did not have have information on parent notification.
3) 3 of 15 incident reports only had documentation of one signature.
Plan of Correction: Will make corrections on filling out forms completely.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.