14088-I Sullyfield Circle
Chantilly, VA 20151
Current Inspector: Mark Davis (804) 629-7103
Inspection Date: Dec. 18, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
- Technical Assistance:
Discussed recordkeeping and training requirements.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted from 9:35 am-12:00m. At the time of entrance, 29 children were in care with 4 staff members present. Children were observed during play time, counting objects, and painting. A selection of 3 staff and 4 children's records, the physical space, emergency supplies, evacuation drills, attendance records, and injury reports were reviewed. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the violation notice. Please contact me if you have any questions at email@example.com or 571-352-1453.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-60-A Description: Based on record review, 2 of 4 children's records did not contain all required information.
1. The record for Child #2 did not contain the work phone number and place of employment for the child's mother. The record for Child #4 did not contain work phone number and place of employment for each parent.
2. The records for Child #2 and Child #4 did not contain an address for 1 of 2 designated people to call in an emergency if a parent cannot be reached.
Plan of Correction: Parents will be required to complete missing information in child records.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-70-A Description: Based on record review, 3 of 3 staff records did not contain all required information.
1. The records for Staff #1, Staff #2, and Staff #3 did not contain the name, address and telephone number of a person to be notified in an emergency.
2. The records for Staff #1 (start date 9/16/11) and Staff #2 (start date 9/1/02) did not contain documentation that two or more references were checked before employment.
Plan of Correction: Staff will complete form that will include necessary information. References for Staff #1 and #2 will be contacted.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-90--A Description: Based on record review and staff interview, 4 of 4 children's records did not contain a written agreement between the parent and the center in each child's record by the first day of the child's attendance, signed by the parent, with all required information.
1. The records for Child #1, Child #2, Child#3, and Child#4 did not contain a statement that the center will notify the parent when the child becomes ill and that the parent will arrange to have the child picked up as soon as possible if so requested by the center.
2. The records for Child #1, Child #2, Child #3,and Child #4 did not contain a statement that the parent will inform the center within 24 hours or the next business day after his child or any member of the immediate household has developed any reportable communicable disease, as defined by the State Board of Health, except for life threatening diseases which must be reported immediately.
3. Staff stated the information is located in the parent handbook; however no documentation of parent signatures acknowledging receipt of information and agreement was available for review during inspection.
Plan of Correction: Updated version of handbook will be distributed. Parents will be required to sign and return form that indicates receipt and acknowledgment of rules/regulations.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-240-A Description: Based on record review, the center did not ensure 3 of 3 staff received all required training by the end of their first day of assuming job responsibilities.
There was no documentation in the records for Staff #1, Staff #2, and Staff #3 of training received regarding recognizing child abuse and neglect and the legal requirements for reporting suspected child abuse as required by 63.2-1509 of the Code of Virginia.
Plan of Correction: Staff will take necessary training on Child Abuse and Neglect.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-550-D Description: Based on record review, the center did not practice evacuation drills monthly.
1. Documentation of evacuation drills for the months of February 2019, March 2019, April 2019, and May 2019 were not available for review.
Plan of Correction: Moving forward, director will be more diligent about recording evacuation drills.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.