General Heiser Boys and Girls Club
17565 Old Stage Coach Road
Dumfries, VA 22026
Current Inspector: Morgan P Bryson (540) 270-0057
Complaint Related: No
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-130-A Description: Based on record review, 2 of 9 children's records reviewed did not contain documentation of immunizations.
1. Child #1 and Child #3 did not have immunizations on file.
Plan of Correction: We will request immunizations from the parents.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-140-A Description: Based on record review, 2 of 9 children's records did not contain documentation of a physical before the child's first day of attendance of within one month after first day of attendance.
1. Child #1 (Start Date: 8/26/19) and Child #3 (Start Date: 11/18/19) did not have physicals on file.
Plan of Correction: We will request physicals from the parents.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-60-A Description: Based on record review, 3 of 9 children's records did not contain all required information.
1. Child #1's record was missing complete street addresses for 2 of 2 required emergency contacts.
2. Child #3's record was missing complete street addresses for 2 of 2 required emergency contacts..
3. A record was not able to be located at the time of inspection for Child #9.
Plan of Correction: For Child #1 and Child #3 they will be corrected by next Friday. For Child #9, we will have the complete file by next Friday.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-70-A Description: Based on record review, 2 of 3 staff records did not contain all required information.
1. Staff #2 and Staff #3's files were missing documentation that two or more references as to character and reputation as well as competency were checked before employment or volunteering.
2. Staff #2's file did not contain documentation of orientation training.
Plan of Correction: The orientation will be completed today. The references will be completed by next Friday.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-270-A Description: Based on observation of the physical plant, areas inside the center have not been maintained in a clean and safe condition.
1. In the gym, the blue plastic barrier covering the beams underneath 2 basketball hoops is ripped on the sides exposing padding, wood, and loose strings.
Plan of Correction: I'm in contact with Facilities regarding a request for approval to replace pads in the gym.
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-60-B Description: Based on record review, 1 of 3 staff records reviewed did not contain a Sworn Disclosure Statement by the first day of employment.
1. Staff #2's record (Start Date: 10/21/19) did not contain a Sworn Disclosure Statement.
Plan of Correction: Staff #2 completed the Sworn Disclosure Statement today.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.