Kiddie Academy of Gainesville
13980 Estate Manor Drive
Gainesville, VA 20155
Current Inspector: Morgan Bryson (540) 270-0057
Inspection Date: Jan. 15, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted today from 11:45am-2:30pm. There were 98 children directly supervised by 17 staff and all classrooms were in ratio. The physical plant, outdoor playground area, programming, menus, 6 staff records, 10 children?s records, 8 medications, evacuation drills, injury reports, emergency supplies, and policies were inspected. Children were observed playing a hide and find game, hand washing and preparing for lunch, eating lunch which consisted of a veggie patty, rice with mixed veggies, cantaloupe, and milk, singing songs, and preparing for nap. Child were observed requesting and receiving second servings of lunch foods. Infant care including diapering and feeding was also observed. Positive interactions between children and staff were observed during this inspection. There was an abundant supply of age appropriate materials for the children and the center was clean and organized. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the Violation Notice. If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact me at email@example.com.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-130-B Description: Based on record review, 1 child's record did not contain documentation of updated immunizations at least once every six months for children under the age of two years.
1. Child #1 is a child under the age of two years and has not had updated immunizations in the last six months. The most recent immunizations on file were dated 8/3/18.
2. Child #10 is a child under the age of two years and has not had updated immunizations in the last six months. The most recent immunizations on file were dated 3/24/19.
Plan of Correction: I will contact parents to obtain updated immunization records.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-140-A Description: Based on record review, 2 children's records did not contain physical examinations before the child began attending the center or within one month after the first day of attendance.
Evidence: Child #3 (Start Date: 1/1/17) and Child #5 (Start Date: 8/13/17) did not have physical examinations on file.
Plan of Correction: I will contact parents to obtain physical records from the doctor.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-60-A Description: Based on record review, not all children's records contained all required information or were not accessible at the center.
1. Child #11 and Child #12's records were not accessible during the inspection.
2. Child #1, Child #2, Child #3, Child #6, and Child #8's records have not had an annual review of the emergency contact information completed by the parents. The most recent annual updates were completed 8/17/18, 2/23/18, 1/3/17, 10/29/18 and 1/3/18, respectively.
3. Child #3's record (Start Date: 1/1/17) and Child #7's record (Start Date: 11/5/18) and did not contain documentation of identity verification within 7 days of enrollment.
4. Child #9's record was missing a complete address for 1 of 2 required emergency contacts.
Plan of Correction: I will contact parents and obtain missing information.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.