Kiddie Academy of Ashburn
20775 Century Corner Drive
Ashburn, VA 20147
Current Inspector: Eureka Nance (703) 638-5968
Inspection Date: Jan. 24, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
- Technical Assistance:
Discussed the following with the director:
- contacting the local fire marshal to schedule the annual fire inspection
- daily health observation training for staff
- various ways for staff to become lead teacher qualified
An unannounced monitoring inspection was completed today. The physical plant, 5 staff files, 8 children's files, staff training, child nutrition, children's activities, medications, emergency procedures, drills and supplies were inspected between 1:00-2:50pm. There were 81 children under the supervision of 9 staff. During the inspection, children were observed having diapers changed (infants), reading books, listening to music and resting during naptime. For lunch, the children were served baked macaroni and cheese, steamed broccoli, fruit and milk. The interactions between the children and staff were seen to be very engaging, while positive and constructive in nature. There are currently 3 staff certified in MAT (medication administration training). Should you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-130-B Description: Based on file review, 4 out of 8 children's records does not have additional immunizations every six months up to the age of 2 years.
1. Child #1 is 35 months old. However, the most recent immunization record was updated when the child was 1 year old.
2. Child #6 is 27 months old. However, the most recent immunization record was updated when the child was 18 months old.
3. Child #7 is 3 years old. However, the most recent immunization record was updated when the child was 7 months old.
4. Child #8 is 26 months old. However, the most recent immunization record was updated when the child was 1 year old.
Plan of Correction: We will ask the parents to bring the most recent shot records to the center.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-160-C Description: Based on file review, 1 out of 5 staff do not have a TB test/screening completed within the past 2 years.
1. Staff #2's most recent TB test/screening was completed on 10/25/17.
Plan of Correction: This will be completed again.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-320-B Description: Based on observations, there was a restroom that did not include all required items.
1. In the bathroom shared by the Starfish and Jellyfish classrooms, neither of the 2 toilets had toilet paper in the stalls.
Plan of Correction: Corrected during the inspection.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.