Churchland KinderCare #1348
6025 Churchland Boulevard
Portsmouth, VA 23703
Current Inspector: Heather Harrell (757) 334-4329
Complaint Related: No
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-130-B Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure that documentation of additional immunizations are obtained once every six months for children under the age of two years.
1. The most recent immunization record on file at the center for child 1, age 1 year, is dated 6/7/19. Child 1 has a date of enrollment of 6/10/19 and an updated immunization record was due in December 2019.
2. The assistant director confirmed that updated immunization records for child 1 were not obtained within the required time frame.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: Mom brought in the updated report of shot record.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-260-A Description: Based on record review, the center failed to provide to the licensing representative an annual fire inspection report from the appropriate fire official having jurisdiction.
1. The most recent fire inspection available for review is dated 11/26/18, and is therefore over a year old.
2. The assistant director confirmed that a fire inspection has not been conducted annually.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: Fire department was previously called. They stated they were behind and will come as soon as they can. Center called back and rescheduled.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-550-E Description: Based on a review of the emergency drill log and interview, it was determined the center did not maintain a record of the dates of the practice drills for one year.
1. There were no emergency evacuation drills documented for the months of October and December 2019.
2. Staff 1 stated that evacuation drills were completed in October and December 2019 but were not documented in the drill log.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: Logged drills on drill log.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.