Great Bridge Children's Center
253 Fresno Drive
Chesapeake, VA 23322
Current Inspector: Kimberly Sampson (757) 354-7307
Inspection Date: Jan. 31, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
32.1 Report by person other than physician
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted from 10:20 am-11:30 am. Upon arrival there were 35 children with 8 staff present. Children were observed engaged in free play, and interacting with staff. A sample of 5 children's records and 5 staff records were reviewed. Injury reports and medications were also reviewed. Areas of noncompliance are detailed in the violation notice and were discussed with the center staff at the conclusion of this inspection.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-140-A Description: Based on record review it was determined the center did not obtain documentation of a physical exam for each child in care.
1. The record for child #2(enrolled 4/22/19) did not contain documentation of a physical exam.
2. The record for child #5(enrolled 5/8/19) did not contain documentation of a physical exam.
Plan of Correction: Director requested documentation of physical exam from the parent during the inspection.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-270-A Description: Based on observation it was determined the center did not ensure that all areas and and equipment of the center, inside and outside, were maintained in a clean, safe and operable condition.
1. In the 2 year old room there was peeling paint, and the changing table is anchored and rocks when pulled on, accessible to children in care.
2. In the 3 year old room there was peeling paint on the walls accessible to children in care.
3. In the 4 year old room there was peeling paint on the walls and door accessible to children in care.
4. In the school age room there was peeling paint, wallpaper, and drywall on the walls of the class and bathroom as well as three broken hooks on the wall that had sharp edges accessible to the children in care.
Plan of Correction: All repairs will be completed by 2/29/20.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.