Children's Center for Language & Culture, Inc
10201 Main Street,
Fairfax, VA 22030
Current Inspector: Whitney Mcgrath (571) 835-4717
Inspection Date: Feb. 6, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
- Technical Assistance:
Had discussions today with center management regarding:
- medication authorizations required for children who have medication kept on site.
- cleaning agents cannot be present in a bathroom used by children.
- revising children's registration form to include: name, address and phone number of two emergency contacts (other than parents) that can be reach if the parents cannot be reached.
- violation notice from today's inspection must be posted.
Today an unannounced Monitoring Inspection took place between the hours of 10:40am and 1:30pm. There were no children present today; the program currently only has children enrolled on Monday's, Wednesday's, Friday's and Saturday's. A complete inspection of the physical plant, children and staff records, fire drill log and emergency procedures were observed during this inspection. There are currently no medications kept on site. There is an ample amount of activities and supplies available to the children. If you have any questions, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your cooperation during the inspection.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-140-A Description: Based on record review, the center has not obtained documentation of a physical exam within the first 30 days of attendance for each child.
Evidence: Child #3 (date of enrollment: 12/2/2019), Child #5 (date of enrollment: 12/2/2019) and Child #6 (date of enrollment: 12/2/2019) files do not contain documentation of physical exams.
Plan of Correction: I'll tell the parents that they'll need to get it from the doctor.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-160-A Description: Based on record review, each staff member has not submitted documentation of a negative tuberculosis (TB) screening that has been completed within 12 months prior to or 21 days after employment.
Evidence: Staff #4 most recent documented TB screening is dated 8/17/2012.
Plan of Correction: I contacted the teacher letting her know that she needs to complete the screening and she will get it done.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-60-A Description: Based on record review, children's records do not contain all required information.
1. Child #1 file does not contain an address for the 1st emergency contact and does not contain a 2nd emergency contact.
2. Child #2 file does not contain address for both emergency contacts or actions to take in case of an accidental ingestion of an allergen (allergen documented by parent and physician).
3. Child #3 file does not contain the address or phone number for their 1st emergency contact and does not contain a 2nd emergency contact.
4. Child #4 file does not contain an address for the 1st emergency contact and does not contain a 2nd emergency contact.
5. Child # 5 file does not contain two emergency contacts.
6. Child #6 file does not contain two emergency contacts.
Plan of Correction: I will make a table with all the students names, and the parents contact information and we'll keep posted in the office. If it's a new student we'll provide a new registration form with all the correct information.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-70-A Description: Based on record review, staff records did not contain all required information.
Evidence: Staff #1 file does not include the name, address and telephone number of a person to be notified in an emergency.
Plan of Correction: This was corrected during the inspection.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.