Childtime Learning Center - Huntington
2272 Huntington Avenue
Alexandria, VA 22303
Current Inspector: Karen Dickens (571) 423-6978
Inspection Date: Feb. 11, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted today from 10:40am-1:30pm. There were 44 children (infants-5yrs.) supervised by 9 direct care staff. The physical plant, 3 staff records, 5 children?s records, medications, evacuation drills, injury reports, emergency supplies, and policies were inspected. Children were observed playing a memory matching game in Spanish class, counting and writing numbers in their workbooks, playing with blocks, and playdough, exploring in the sensory table, and eating lunch. Diapering and hand-washing procedures were also observed. Lunch served was penne with meat sauce, salad, applesauce, and milk. There was a sufficient amount of books, toys, and materials, which were found to be developmentally appropriate for the children in care at the time of inspection. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the Violation Notice.
If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Anansa Archer-Hicks at (703) 268-3295, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-60-A Description: Based on record review, 1 of 5 children's records did not contain documentation of the following information:
Evidence: Child #4's (start date: 12/2/2019) record did not contain documentation of a completed physical.
Plan of Correction: We will return it to the parent to have it completed.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-270-A Description: Based on observation, the center did not ensure that all areas and equipment of the center were maintained in a clean, safe, and operable condition.
1. In the Toddler classroom (children ages 16-24 months), the cabinet above the diaper changing table, containing a chemical solution cleaning spray bottle, had a broken child safety lock.
2. In the Infant classroom (children ages 6 weeks-16 months), the cabinet under the diaper changing table, containing a chemical solution cleaning spray bottle, had a broken child safety lock.
3. In the Preschool classroom (children ages 3-4 years old), a plastic chair in the Dramatic Play area had a cracked area in the arm of the chair.
Plan of Correction: Cracked chair was removed during inspection. One child safety locks will be removed, and we will place a work order to have the other one replaced.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-290-3 Description: Based on observation, the center did not ensure that all electrical outlets had protective covers that are a size that cannot be swallowed by children.
1. The Pre-Kindergarten classroom (children ages 4-5 years old) had 2 electrical outlets on the wall in the Dramatic Play area that did not have protective covers.
2. The Toddler classroom (children ages 16-24 months) had 2 electrical outlet on the wall in the Dramatic Play area that did not have protective covers.
Plan of Correction: Corrected during inspection.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-500-A Description: Based on observation, the center did not ensure that all children's hands were washed with soap and running water, or disposable wipes, at the required times.
Evidence: Staff B (date of hire: 11/3/2008) did not wash 3 children's hands after changing their diapers and prior to the children eating lunch.
Plan of Correction: We will retrain staff on handwashing procedures.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-550-M Description: Based on record review, 3 of 5 injury reports did not contain documentation of all required information.
1. One injury report did not contain documentation of the time of the incident.
2. One injury report did not contain documentation of the staff member present at the time of incident.
3. Two injury reports did not contain documentation of the any future action to prevent recurrence of the injury.
Plan of Correction: We will retrain staff.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.