La Petite Academy - Ashburn
20110 Ashburn Village Boulevard
Ashburn, VA 20147
Current Inspector: Maria Robles-Lopez (703) 397-3827
Inspection Date: Jan. 24, 2020
Complaint Related: Yes
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
An unannounced complaint inspection was conducted today from approximately 12:30pm to 2:00pm in response to a concern regarding broken toilets. Records were reviewed, staff interviews were conducted, and observations were made. The information gathered during this investigation does not support the allegation, so the complaint is determined to be not valid. Areas of non-compliance unrelated to the complaint were identified during the inspection and are listed in the Violation Notice. If you have any questions, please contact Maria Robles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-270-A Complaint related: No Description: Based on interviews with staff, document review and observation, it was determined that areas and equipment of the center were not maintained in a clean, safe and operable condition.
1) Staff #1 stated that the bathroom in the Pre-Kindergarten classroom has been closed since December 2019 because of a "leakage causing mold".
2) On 12/30/2019, Staff #2 emailed the regional manager regarding the floors in the preschool bathroom. The email indicated that the floors "are bad" and "they are actually beginning to have mold grown on them".
3) The faucet on the sink in the Two's classroom was observed to be leaking, causing standing water on the countertop area.
Plan of Correction: 1) Pipe and flooring were fixed and replaced on 02/21/2020.
2) Floors were replaced on 02/21/2020.
3) Sink was fixed on 02/14/2020.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.