Groomed for Greatness Learning Center II
5038 East Princess Anne Road
Norfolk, VA 23502
Current Inspector: Nanette Roberts (757) 404-2322
Inspection Date: Feb. 28, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted on 2/28/20 from 4:00pm - 5:00pm. During the inspection there were 29 children ages six months old through eight years old in care with seven staff. Children were observed participating in various activities in the classrooms. Areas of non-compliance are identified on the violation notice and were discussed during the exit interview.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-280-B Description: Based on observation, it was determined that the facility did not ensure that all hazardous substances such as cleaning materials, insecticides, and pesticides shall be kept in a locked place using a safe locking method that prevents access by children.
1. The door for the cabinet located above the sink in the Infant classroom was not secured with a lock staff #1 was observed to open the door with a simple pull. The closet contained a bottle of sanitizer used for cleaning.
2. Staff #1 confirmed there was a hazardous substance present in the Infant classroom that was not kept in a locked place
Plan of Correction: The cabinet in the infant room has a secure lock. The cabinet is approximately 6 feet off the ground; therefore, students are not able to reach the cabinet at all. Staff #1 did not properly secure the cabinet after the last use.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-500-B Description: Based on observation and interview, it was determined that the licensee did not ensure that a nonabsorbent surface is used for diapering.
1. Staff #1 was observed changing the diaper of child #1. However after completing the diaper change, staff #1 did not properly sanitize the diaper changing surface as she wiped the surface immediately after applying instead of going by the recommended drying time..
2. Staff #1 confirmed that she did not properly sanitize the diaper changing surface after completing the diaper change of child #1.
Plan of Correction: Staff #1 used a disinfectant to sanitize the diapering area. Staff #1 did not wait the entire 60 seconds for the solution to air dry. The changing table is cleaned and sanitized with a disinfectant after each use. The inspector acknowledged that a disinfectant solution was used during the inspection.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-520-C Description: Based on a review of topical ointments being stored at the facility, it was determined that the facility did not ensure that topical ointment is only given with written authorization from the parent.
1. There was a container of Desitin diaper ointment for child #1 that did not have a current written parent authorization.
2. The Destin diaper ointment without written authorization was administered administered for child #1 during the inspection.
3. Staff #2 confirmed that there was not a written parent authorization to administer a topical ointment (Desitin) for child #1.
Plan of Correction: The parent for child #1 completed the topical authorization form during pick up on 2/28/20. The form is on file with a signature date of 2/28/20.
Standard #: 22VAC40-80-120-E-5 Description: Based on observation and interview, it was determined that the facility did not ensure that the notice of the commissioner's intent to deny the renewal license was posted anywhere on the premises.
1. The notice of the commissioner's intent to deny the renewal license was posted anywhere on the premises.
2. When asked if the notice of the commissioner's intent to deny the renewal license was posted anywhere on the premises, staff #3 (Program Director) stated that that it was not posted, but that it was on her desk.
Plan of Correction: The notice was posted before the inspector exited the building.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.