KinderCare Learning Center #301010
4287 Buckman Road
Alexandria, VA 22309
Current Inspector: Mahrukh Aziz (571) 835-4718
Inspection Date: June 22, 2020
Complaint Related: Yes
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
- Technical Assistance:
Technical assistance was offered related to maintain accurate and updated allergy lists in the center.
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, necessary due to a state of emergency health pandemic declared by the Governor of Virginia.
A complaint inspection was initiated on 6/22/20 and concluded on 7/7/20. A complaint was received by the department regarding allegations in the areas of medications and procedures for emergencies. The director was contacted by telephone to conduct the investigation. The inspector requested a list of documentation required to complete the investigation. Three staff members were interviewed and various documents related to the allegations were reviewed. The evidence gathered during the investigation supported the allegations of non-compliance with standards and violations were issued and can be found on the violation notice.
For any questions related to this inspection, please contact me at 571-835-4718 or email@example.com.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-40-E Complaint related: Yes Description: Based on records review, the licensee did not ensure that the center's activities and services were maintained in compliance with the center's own policies and procedures as required by the licensing standards.
1. The center's Allergy Policies state "Center management must create a center wide allergy list detailing allergy information for every child and staff member with an allergy. This list must include the individual's name, the allergen, reaction if exposed, and response to be taken if exposure occurs". The center's Allergy Policies also state that "Center management must ensure that a center-wide allergy list is updated monthly or more often as new children enroll or new allergies are discovered".
2. A review of the center's "Allergy and Dietary Preference List" showed that the allergen's information listed for Child # 1 was not complete. Child # 1's Medical Response Plan and Allergy Plan include peanuts as an allergen. This information was not added on the center's Allergy and Dietary Preference List which was last updated on 3/3/20.
3. Child # 1's Medical Response Plan, Allergy Plan and the Medication Authorization forms (all completed and signed by the child's physician) list actions to be taken including medications to be administered, should the child exhibit symptoms of an allergic reaction. The center's Allergy and Dietary Preference list was not updated to reflect this information. The box for "Epi-pen /Health Care Plan required" next to Child # 1's name was not checked "NO".
Plan of Correction: We have updated all necessary documents to reflect the changes.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-550-M Complaint related: Yes Description: Based on record review and staff interview, the center did not maintain a written record of children's serious and minor injuries in which entries are made the day of occurrence.
1. On 6/15/20, Child # 1 picked his nose resulting in a minor injury causing it to bleed.
2. Staff # 1 stated that Child # 1's parent was notified about the injury using the center's communication software and the center was able to print that report which was dated 6/16/20. However, the report was missing information such as time of injury, staff present, any future action to prevent recurrence of the injury, staff and parent signatures or two staff signatures and documentation of how parent was notified.
Plan of Correction: Each staff person was retrained to report any and all suspected or confirmed injuries, whether it be a minor or serious injury.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.