Creative Gardens Ashburn Village
20909 Ashburn Village Blvd
Ashburn, VA 20147
Current Inspector: Stacy Doyle (571) 835-0386
Inspection Date: Nov. 17, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, necessary due to a state of emergency health pandemic declared by the Governor of Virginia.
A monitoring inspection was initiated and concluded on 11/17/2020. The director was contacted by telephone to initiate the inspection. There were (30) children present and (9) staff. The inspector emailed the director a list of items required to complete the inspection. The Inspector reviewed (2) children?s records and (10) staff records submitted by the facility to ensure documentation was complete. Two classrooms were viewed remotely. The children were eating breakfast and washing hands while observed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance(s) with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the facility.
Please contact me if you have any questions at Stacy.Doyle@dss.virginia.gov
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-60-C-2 Description: Based or review of 10 staff records, the center did not have the central registry findings within 30 days of employment for two staff members.
1. Staff #5 was hired on 9/10/2020 and the center did not have the central registry results within 30 days of employment.
2. Staff #10 was hired on 8/26/2020 and the center did not have the central registry results within 30 days of employment.
Plan of Correction: We have refilled the forms out today and will be sent tomorrow. I will also set up calendar reminders to do a follow up within 10 business days.
Standard #: 63.2(17)-1720.1-B-2 Description: Based on review of 10 staff records, the center did not have the fingerprint results for each staff prior to the 1st day of employment.
1. Staff #5 was hired on 9/10/2020 and the center received the finger print results on 9/14/2020.
2. Staff#7 was hired on 9/082020 and the center received the finger print results on 9/10/2020.
Plan of Correction: I will make sure we received the results before we hire the staff or train them.
Standard #: 63.2(17)-1720.1-B-4 Description: Based on review of 10 staff records, the center did not obtain a copy of the results of a criminal history record and sex offender registry check from any state in which the applicant has resided in the preceding five years prior to hiring.
1. Staff #3 was hired on 8/03/2020 and lived in IL in the last 5 years. The center did not obtain the results of a criminal history record information check and sex offender registry check from any state in which the applicant has resided in the preceding five years.
2. Staff #5 was hired on 9/10/2020 and lived in MA in the last 5 years. The center did not obtain the results of a criminal history record information check and sex offender registry check from any state in which the applicant has resided in the preceding five years.
Plan of Correction: I started the application and will get it notarized and for send it off for staff #3. I completed the sex offender registry for staff #3. I am in process of completing Staff #5 to send out.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.