Ivy League Christian Academy
4413 Wishart Road
Virginia beach, VA 23455
Current Inspector: Heather Harrell (757) 334-4329
Inspection Date: March 2, 2021
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
- Technical Assistance:
TB screenings were discussed with the director during the inspection.
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, necessary due to a state of emergency health pandemic declared by the Governor of Virginia.
A renewal inspection was initiated on 2/24/21 and concluded on 3/2/21. The director was contacted by telephone to initiate the inspection. There were 4 children present and 2 staff. The inspector emailed the administrative director a list of items required to complete the inspection. The Inspector reviewed 2 children's records and 6 staff/board member records submitted by the facility to ensure documentation was complete. Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the facility.
The Licensing Inspector has reviewed with the provider COVID-19 Essential Guidance for Child Care programs.
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-40-D-1-A Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure that any applicant or licensee shall obtain a search of the central registry finding before the end of 30 days after the change. Additionally, the center failed to ensure that any applicant or licensee shall complete a sworn statement or affirmation whenever an applicant or licensee changes.
1. Board member 1 lacks a search of the central registry. Additionally, board member 1 has not completed a sworn statement or affirmation. Board member 1 began service on the board for Ivy League Christian Academy in January 2020.
2. Board member 2 lacks a search of the central registry. Additionally, board member 2 has not completed a sworn statement or affirmation. Board member 2 began service on the board for Ivy League Christian Academy in January 2020.
3. The center director confirmed that the central registry search was not completed for board member 1 and board member 2 and that neither had completed a sworn statement or affirmation.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: The central registry searches will be completed and mailed off this week and the sworn statements will be completed by board member 1 and 2.
Standard #: 63.2(17)-1720.1-B-2 Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure that they obtain the results of the fingerprint based background check prior to the first day of employment or service.
1. Staff 1 has a hire date of 1/5/21. The results of the fingerprint based background check for staff 1 was not received until 1/7/21.
2. Staff 2 has a hire date of 11/2/20. The results of the fingerprint based background check for staff 2 was not received until 11/10/20.
3. The record for board member 1 lacks the results of a fingerprint based background check. Board member 1 began service on the board for Ivy League Christian Academy in January 2020.
4. The record for board member 2 lacks the results of a fingerprint based background check. Board member 2 began service on the board for Ivy League Christian Academy in January 2020.
5. The center director confirmed that the fingerprint based background checks for staff 1, staff 2, board member 1 and board member 2 were not completed within the required time frames.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: Fingerprint appointments for board member 1 and board member 2 will be scheduled as soon as possible. Going forward, the center will ensure that all background check requirements are completed within the required time frames and that no staff begins employment prior to obtaining fingerprint results.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.