Countryside Montessori School
21724 Timberlake Road
Lynchburg, VA 24502
Current Inspector: Kelly Campbell (540) 309-2494
Inspection Date: April 13, 2021
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, necessary due to a state of emergency health pandemic declared by the Governor of Virginia.
A renewal inspection was initiated on 3/6/2021 and concluded on 3/13/2021. The director was contacted by telephone to initiate the inspection. There were 16 children present and 5 staff. The inspector emailed the director a list of items required to complete the inspection. The Inspector reviewed 3 children?s records and 3 staff records submitted by the facility to ensure documentation was complete.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the facility.
The Licensing Inspector has reviewed with the provider COVID-19 Essential Guidance for Child Care programs.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-60-A Description: Based on review of three children's records, the center failed to ensure that all records were complete.
1. Child # 2 and 3 had the parents or guardians as emergency contacts. The emergency contacts are to be used when the parent or guardians can not be reached.
Plan of Correction: The director will have the parents or guardians to complete the form with someone other than them.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-70-A Description: Based on review of three staff's records, the center failed to ensure that all records were complete.
1. Staff # 1 and 2 had both required references, the reference were not signed by the person obtaining.
Plan of Correction: The director will sign the references today and will ensure in the future that all reference are signed.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-240-A Description: Based on review of three staff's records, the center failed to ensure that all the required portions of the orientation was completed by staff.
1. Orientation was provided to all staff by the end of their first day of assuming job responsibilities, but the following was missing from the form: standards that relate to the job, job responsibilities and who they report to, center's playground procedures, and confidential treatment of personal information.
Plan of Correction: The director will add the missing information to the orientation checklist and will ensure that all staff are orientated with the missing information.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-240-D-6 Description: Based on review of the DHO (Daily Health Observation) training record, the center failed to ensure that all items required by the standard was included.
1. The record of training for all staff reviewed did not cover all requirements. The following was missing: Inclusion and exclusion of the child, Descriptions of how diseases are spread, Info on reporting diseases, and OSHA regulated Health and Safety.
Plan of Correction: The director will had the missing information to the training and will insure that all staff previously trained will have the added information completed.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-440-G Description: Based on observation and discussion with the director, the center failed to ensure that all children 12 months and younger were using a crib.
1. On the day of the inspection there were three children 12 month and younger that were sleeping on a infant bed. This is a Montessori approach for the infants to sleep on this type of bed.
Plan of Correction: The director stated that this is a Montessori approach for the infants to sleep on this type of bed. The Director has submitted an AV to the Division and is waiting on the results.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.