Alpha Beta Cappa Christian Academy
7425 Chesapeake Blvd
Norfolk, VA 23513
Current Inspector: Christopher Robinson (757) 404-2322
Inspection Date: Aug. 24, 2021 and Aug. 26, 2021
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, including telephone contacts, documents review, interviews and a virtual tour of the program. A monitoring inspection was initiated on 8/24/21 and concluded on 8/26/21. The director was contacted by telephone and a virtual inspection was conducted. There were 39 children present with 6 staff supervising. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies and nutrition. A total of 4 child records and 4 staff records were reviewed. Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-160-A Description: Based on a review of 4 staff records, it was determined that the facility did not ensure that each staff member shall submit documentation of a negative tuberculosis screening. Documentation of the screening shall be submitted no later than 21 days after employment and shall have been completed within 12 months prior to or 21 days after employing.
1. The record for staff #1 (date of hire 3/11/21) contained documentation of a negative tuberculosis screening that was dated 12/26/19.
2. Staff #5 (Program Administrator) confirmed that the documentation of a negative tuberculosis screening was not completed completed within 12 months prior to or 21 days after employing.
Plan of Correction: The provider responded" We will have staff #1 complete a new TB screening.
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-60-C-2 Description: Based on a review of 4 staff records, it was determined that the facility did not deny continued employment of a staff who did not have a search of the central registry finding within 30 days of employment.
1. The record for staff #1 (date of hire 3/22/21) did not contain documentation of a completed search of the central registry finding.
2. Staff #5 (Program Administrator) confirmed that the search of the central registry finding has not been received within 30 days of employment for staff #1.
Plan of Correction: The provider responded: We will have staff #1 complete a search of the central registry within 10 days and forward the results to the Licensing Inspector when received.
Standard #: 63.2(17)-1720.1-B-2 Description: Based on a review of four staff records, it was determined that the facility did not ensure that an employee is allowed to begin employment without a completed national criminal history record check (finger printing).
1. The record for staff #1 (date of hire 3/22/21) contained documentation of a completed national criminal history record check (finger printing) that was dated 4/7/21.
2. Staff #5 (Program Administrator) reviewed the record for staff #1 and confirmed that she had not received the results of the finger print background check (finger printing) for the staff #1 prior to employment.
Plan of Correction: The provider responded: We will ensure that going forward no new employee will start prior to complete a national criminal record check (fingerprinting).
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.