Hoppy Polliwogs Daycare
15 Cave Street
Luray, VA 22835
Current Inspector: Barbara Workman (540) 430-9257
Complaint Related: No
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-140-A Description: Based on review of children's record, the center failed to obtain a completed physical exam prior to or by within the 30th day of enrollment.
1. Child #1's record did not contain an a completed physical plan. Original date of enrollment at the sister facility was 08/10/2020. Child #1 transferred to the the Luray location on 03/02/2021.
2. Administration verified that there was not a completed physical exam on file.
Plan of Correction: In the future administration will track when physicals are due and contact parents for required paperwork. Administration stated they had asked the parent many times for the physical.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-340-C Description: Based on observation, the center failed to ensure that there were at least two staff members on site all times.
1. On August 25, 2021 at 5:58 a.m. when the Licensing Inspector arrived on site there was only one staff member present with her own child.
2. At 6:08 a.m. two additional children arrived at the center.
3. At approximately 6:20 a.m. an additional staff member arrived at the center.
4. Staff verified that there was only one staff member present from approximately 5:58 a.m.-6:20 a.m.
Plan of Correction: The staff member was running late that morning. In the future staff will be scheduled so that there is always two staff members on site at all times.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.