Community Child Care, Incorporated
32 Park Boulevard
Staunton, VA 24401
Current Inspector: Amy Tomblin (804) 629-3923
Inspection Date: Sept. 20, 2021
Complaint Related: Yes
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL SERVICES.
A complaint inspection was initiated on September 20, 2021and concluded on September 30, 2021. There were 19 children present, ranging in ages from 2.5 to 4, with 6 staff supervising. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, special care and emergencies and nutrition.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program. The complaint was determined to be valid.
Please complete the plan of correction and return to the licensing inspector within 5 business days.
Please contact the licensing inspector if you have any questions at 540-430-9256.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-270-A Complaint related: Yes Description: Based on observation, the center failed to maintain safe outside conditions.
1. Paint on the wall facing the steps in the school age room was chipped and peeling.
2. The wooden step going out to the toddler playground was deteriorating.
3. The wooden bench of a picnic table on the preschool and school age playground was splintered and deteriorating.
4. Staff confirmed the paint was chipping and the picnic bench and wooden step were deteriorating.
Plan of Correction: 1. Staff removed the chipped paint and blocked off the area from children.
2. The wooden step on the toddler playground was replaced.
3. The wooden bench on the Pre-K was removed and repaired.
4. Playground Safety plan.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-330-A Complaint related: Yes Description: Based on observation, the center failed to protect children from hazards on the playground.
1. September 20, 2021, an onsite visit was made to the center. The playground was inspected.
2. Along the fence on the toddler playground, green plant like vines with thorns and berries were observed growing over the fence and in reach of children.
3. A plastic container, located against the building on the school age playground, was filled with rain water and debris.
3. Staff confirmed the plants growing through the fence and the container was filled with rainwater and debris.
Plan of Correction: 1. The plants along the toddler playground were sprayed twice with Roundup.
2. Plastic container was emptied and cleaned.
3. All staff have reviewed and passed a quiz concerning playground safety, which will be reviewed every 6 months.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-560-F Complaint related: Yes Description: Based on interviews and record review, the center failed to follow USDA guidelines for snack.
1. Two staff interviewed stated children had been given snack consisting of croutons and juice.
2. Children had been served several times a snack consisting of only 1 of the four food groups.
3. USDA guidelines state snack must consist of two of the four components from fruit/vegetable, milk, meat, and grains/bread.
4. Staff confirmed only 1 component out of the 4 food groups were offered.
Plan of Correction: 1. Croutons count as an enriched grain according to USDA.
2. Children have never been served on 1 of the 4 food groups, as evidenced by the weekly menu.
3. Staff will be given updated UISDA meal planning charts as reminders to serve all foods on the weekly menus.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.