Ladybug Academy 2 LLC
3020 Javier Rd
Fairfax, VA 22031
Current Inspector: Mahrukh Aziz (571) 835-4718
Inspection Date: Oct. 27, 2021
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-185 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
22VAC40-185 PHYSICAL PLANT.
22VAC40-185 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
22VAC40-185 SPECIAL CARE PROVISIONS AND EMERGENCIES.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
20 Access to minor?s records
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
- Technical Assistance:
The center demonstrated compliance related to the installation of a carbon monoxide detector. The new standard became effective on October 13, 2021, but the facility has not yet fully complied with the new requirements.
Technical assistance was offered regrading: Lunch being covered while waiting to be served; classroom windows, background checks, use of bathrooms on the second and third floor; posting of inspection reports and medication authorizations.
A monitoring inspection was conducted in person initiated on 10/27/21 and concluded on 11/10/21. There were 81 children present with 15 staff members. The children were ranging in ages from infants to 4 years old. A complete walk through of the entire facility was conducted. Children were observed playing on the playground, engaged in reading, art & craft activities and circle time. Infants cribs were assessed for compliance. Medication were reviewed along with first aid supplies. The lunch menu included pizza, fruit, tomato soup and milk. Some children brought food from home which was observed to be labeled with name and date. A total of 3 children's records and 4 staff records were reviewed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program. For any questions regarding this inspection, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-835-4718.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-140-A Description: Based on record review, the center did not obtain documentation of a physical exam for children in care within 30 days of enrollment.
Evidence: Child # 1?s first day of enrollment was 1/23/21. Documentation of a physical exam was not available in the child?s record for review.
Plan of Correction: We will make sure we have all physical exams on time and signed by physician.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-280-B Description: Based on observation, hazardous substances were not kept locked in a place preventing access by children.
Evidence: It was observed in one of three restrooms on the third level of the center that a bottle of air freshener was left on a shelf. Additionally, three bottles of air fresheners were stored in an unlocked cabinet under the sink, making them accessible to the children.
Plan of Correction: We already had a lock on the cabinet.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-340-F Description: Based on observation, children under the age of 10 years of age were not always within actual sight supervision of a staff while using the restroom.
1. One child from the 4?s classroom went to use the restroom across the hall, while Staff # 1 positioned herself at the door of the classroom.
2. It was observed that when the child from the 4?s classroom went to the restroom, Staff # 1 moved away from the door, and was helping the children in the classroom wash hands and prepare for lunch. During this time the child just stood in the bathroom without being completely dressed, soon after which the child left the bathroom without washing her hands.
3. Staff # 2 stated that this classroom allowed children to walk to the restroom while Staff # 1 stands at the door.
4. The child in the restroom was not within sight supervision of Staff # 1, once the staff member turned away from the door.
Plan of Correction: We added restroom schedule for all children on the 3rd floor and all be taken at the same time.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-500-A Description: Based on observation, children were not washing hands with soap and running water after toileting.
1. A child from the 3-4 year old classroom on the third level of the center was observed to have used the restroom, and leaving the restroom and arriving into the classroom without washing hands with soap and water.
2. A child from the 4 year old classroom on the third level of the center was observed using the restroom, flushing the toilet and forgetting to wash hands with soap and water before leaving the restroom. Staff # 1 then asked the child to come wash hands in the classroom.
Plan of Correction: We will have a staff member assuring children wash their hands in the restroom instead in the classroom.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.