King's Kids Child Care
928 Commonwealth Place
Virginia beach, VA 23464
Current Inspector: Emily Walsh (757) 404-2575
Inspection Date: Dec. 17, 2021
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
All areas of Standards reviewed.
- Technical Assistance:
New requirements became effective on October 13, 2021. The facility has not yet fully complied with the following requirements:
- Required new employee orientation topics and documentation
- Allergy management plans for those children with diagnose food allergies
- required procedures in the emergency preparedness plan and required documentation regarding evacuation, shelter-in-place and lockdown drills
- written policies regarding the prevention of shaken baby syndrome and abusive head trauma including procedures to cope with crying babies or distraught children.
The facility is to review the new requirements and work with their assigned inspector to ensure future compliance.
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, including telephone contacts, documents review, interviews and a virtual tour of the program.
A renewal inspection was initiated on 12/17/2021 and concluded on 12/17/2021. The director was contacted by telephone and a virtual inspection was conducted. There were 17 children present, ranging in ages from infant to four years, with 5 staff supervising. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies and nutrition. A total of 2 child records and 5 staff records were reviewed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and a violation was documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-245-L Description: Based upon review of staff training records and staff interview, the facility has not ensured that there is always at least one staff member on duty who has obtained within the last three years, instruction in performing the daily health observation of children.
1. The daily health screening training for those staff who have previously received instruction in performing the daily health observation of children has expired.
2. The program administrator confirmed that no staff have had training in the daily health observation of children within the past three years.
Plan of Correction: The facility responded with the following:
All staff will be required to obtain daily health observation training via the online portal.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.