Belle Croft Preschool
24051 Drummondtown Road
Accomac, VA 23301
Current Inspector: Christopher Robinson (757) 404-2322
Inspection Date: Dec. 10, 2021 and Dec. 14, 2021
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
8VAC20-780 Physical plant.
8VAC20-780 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
8VAC20-780 Special care provisions and emergencies.
8VAC20-780 SPECIAL SERVICES.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
22.1 Early Childhood Care and Education
63.2(17) License & Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities & Programs.
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, including telephone contacts, documents review, interviews and a virtual tour of the program A monitoring inspection was initiated on 12/10/21 and concluded on 12/14/21. The provider was contacted by telephone to initiate the inspection. There were 41 children present and 8 staff present. The inspector emailed the director/provider a list of items required to complete the inspection. The Inspector reviewed 5 children?s records and 10 staff records, along with any requested program records submitted by the facility to determine if required documentation was complete. Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance(s) with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
Standard #: 22.1-289.035-B-2 Description: Based on a review of 10 staff records, it was determined that the provider did not ensure that an employee is allowed to begin employment without a completed national criminal history record check (finger printing).
1. The record for staff #5 (date of hire 9/2/21), did not contain documentation of a completed national criminal history record check (finger printing).
2. The record for staff #9 (date of hire 12/7/21), did not contain documentation of a completed national criminal history record check (finger printing).
3. The record for staff #10 (date of hire 6/28/21), did not contain documentation of a completed national criminal history record check (finger printing).
4. Staff #2 (Program Administrator) reviewed the records for the staff listed above and confirmed that all of the staff had not received the results of the finger print background check (finger printing) prior to beginning employment.
Plan of Correction: The provider responded: All staff will complete the request for the national criminal record check (fingerprint) and when the results are received they will be forwarded to the Licensing Inspector. Going forward all new staff will not begin employment until the results of a criminal record check has been received.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-160-A-1 Description: Based on a review of 10 staff records, it was determined that the facility did not ensure that all staff provide documentation of a negative TB screening at the time of employment and prior to coming into contact with children.
1. The record for staff #6 (DATE OF HIRE 10/4/21) did not contain documentation of a negative TB screening.
2. Staff #2 (Program Administrator) confirmed that staff #6 did not have a negative TB screening available for viewing during the inspection.
Plan of Correction: The facility responded: Staff #6 will be sent to complete a TB screening. All new staff will complete a TB screening prior to employment.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.