Henrico Police Athletic League - Pinchbeck
1275 Gaskins Road
Henrico, VA 23238
Current Inspector: Jennifer Moore (540) 430-0384
Inspection Date: Feb. 14, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
8VAC20-780 Physical plant.
8VAC20-780 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
8VAC20-780 Special care provisions and emergencies.
8VAC20-780 SPECIAL SERVICES.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (22VAC40-191)
20 Access to minor?s records
22.1 Early Childhood Care and Education
32.1 Report by person other than physician
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff partially using an alternate remote protocol, including telephone contacts and documents review. The inspector was on site on 02/14/2022 from 2:31 pm to 3:40 pm.
A monitoring inspection was initiated on 02/14/2022 and concluded on 02/18/2022. There were 27 children present, ranging in ages from 5 to 12 years, with 4 staff supervising. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies, nutrition and background checks. A total of 3 child records and 6 staff records were reviewed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
Please complete the ?plan of correction? and ?date to be corrected? for each violation cited on the violation notice and return it to me within 5 business days from today. Please specify how the deficient practice will be or has been corrected. Your plan of correction should contain: 1) steps to correct the noncompliance with the standard(s), 2) measures to prevent the noncompliance from occurring again; and 3) person(s) responsible for implementing each step and/or monitoring any preventative measures. Please do not use staff names; list staff by positions only
Standard #: 22.1-289.035-B-2 Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure to obtain the results of a fingerprint background check prior to the first date of employment for 3 staff as required.
1. The record of staff #1 (DOH: 1/24/2022) contained orientation training dated 1/24/2022. The fingerprint background check was dated 1/26/2022.
2. The record of staff # 3 (DOH: 9/16/2021) contained orientation training dated 9/17/2021. The fingerprint background check was dated 9/30/2021.
3. The record of staff # 5 (DOH: 9/8/2021) contained orientation training dated 9/8/2021. The fingerprint background check was dated 9/14/2021.
4. Administration acknowledged that the background checks were received after the first date of employment.
Plan of Correction: Going forward we will make sure fingerprints results are obtained before hire date.
Standard #: 8VAC20-770-60-C-2 Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure to obtain the results of a central registry background check within 30 days of employment for 2 staff as required.
1. The record of staff #4 (DOH: 10/21/2021) contained the results of a central registry background check dated 12/3/2021.
2. The record of staff #5 (DOH: 9/8/2021) did not contain the results of a central registry background check.
3. Administration acknowledged that the background checks were not received within the time frame.
Plan of Correction: Staff #5 has been given a new central registry form to fill out and will be mailed as soon as possible.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-160-A-1 Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure that documentation of a negative tuberculosis screening was obtained for one staff at the time of employment and prior to coming into contact with children.
1. The record of staff # 1 (DOH:1/24/2022) did not contain record of a tuberculosis screening.
2. Administration acknowledged that a tuberculosis screening had not been obtained for the staff member.
Plan of Correction: Staff #1 has been given the TB screening form and has made an appointment for next week.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-240-A Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure that the Virginia Department of Education-sponsored orientation course was completed within 90 calendar days of employment for one staff as required.
1. The record of staff # 4 (DOH: 10/21/2021) did not contain record of the Virginia Department of Education-sponsored orientation course.
2. Administration acknowledged that it had not been completed.
Plan of Correction: Staff #1 has been given the link and will be completed by the end of March 2022.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.