Virginia Montessori Academy
248 Loudoun Street SW
Leesburg, VA 20175
Current Inspector: Maria Robles-Lopez (703) 397-3827
Inspection Date: March 22, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING.
8VAC20-780 Physical plant.
8VAC20-780 STAFFING AND SUPERVISION.
8VAC20-780 Special care provisions and emergencies.
8VAC20-780 SPECIAL SERVICES.
- Technical Assistance:
Technical assistance was provided in regards to the menu requirements, changing tables, playground maintenance, medication authorization forms and documentation when administering medication.
A conversation was held in regards to required background checks for all new hires: Sworn Statements must be completed on or before hire, fingerprints results must be back before hire and Central Registry results within 30 days.
A renewal inspection was conducted on 03/22/2022 between the hours of approximately 11:25 am through 12:35pm. At the time of entrance, there were 27 children present, ranging in ages from 20 months to 6 years, with 5 staff supervising. The children were observed during outdoor play and lunch.
The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies and nutrition. A total of 3 child records and 4 staff records were reviewed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program. If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Maria Robles at email@example.com.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-60-A Description: Based on record review, children's records did not contain all required information.
1) The record for Child #1 did not contain the work phone number for one parent who has custody.
Plan of Correction: Aske the parent to fill in all missing info.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-70 Description: Based on record review and interview with the director, staff records did not contain all required information.
1) The record for Staff #2 did not contain documentation to demonstrate that the individual possesses the education, certification, and experience required by the job position. 2) The director could not locate the documentation in Staff #2's record.
Plan of Correction: Will ask staff to bring proper documentation.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-240-A Description: Based on record review, staff did not complete the Virginia Department of Education-sponsored orientation course within 90 calendar days of employment.
1) On the date of inspection, the records for Staff #1 (start date 12/04/2021) and Staff #3 (start date 2/06/2021) did not contain documentation of having completed the Virginia Department of Education-sponsored orientation course.
Plan of Correction: Staff will complete.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-530-A-1 Description: Based on record review, the minimum amount of staff per classroom or area with CPR certification was not maintained.
1) The lead teacher in the primary classroom, Staff #4, has not completed CPR certification. Currently, there is no regular assistant assigned to this classroom. The requirement is that at least one staff in each classroom or area where children are present shall have CPR certification.
Plan of Correction: All staff that needs to be CPR certified is scheduled to attend the certification course on March 31, 2022.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-530-A-2 Description: Based on record review, the minimum amount of staff per classroom or area with first aid certification was not maintained.
1) The lead teacher in the primary classroom, Staff #4, has not completed first aid certification. Currently, there is no regular assistant assigned to this classroom. The requirement is that at least one staff in each classroom or area where children are present shall have first aid certification.
Plan of Correction: All staff that needs to be first aid certified is scheduled to attend the certification course on March 31, 2022.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-560-F Description: Based on documentation review and interview, the menu for the current one-week period
1) On the date of inspection, a dated snack menu for the current one-week period was not available for review. 2) The director stated that they did not have a menu, however, parents receive a general list of food that could be available for children.
Plan of Correction: Menu is now available.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.