Creative World School
201 River Walk Parkway
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Current Inspector: Heather Harrell (757) 334-4329
Complaint Related: No
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-160-A-2 Description: Based on record review and interview, it was determined that the center did not ensure that each staff member shall submit documentation of a negative tuberculosis screening within the last 30 calendar days of the date of employment.
1. Staff 1 (date of hire: 3/29/22) has a TB screening dated 1/14/22 which is more than 30 days prior to employment.
2. Administrative staff confirmed that the TB screening for staff 1 was completed more than 30 days prior to employment.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: Going forward, administrative staff will ensure that TB screenings for new staff are completed within the required timeframe.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-280-B Description: Based on observation and interview, it was determined that the center did not ensure that hazardous substances such as cleaning materials shall be kept in a locked place using a safe locking method that prevents access by children.
1. In the 3 year old classroom, there were 5 lysol wipe containers, 1 aeresol air freshener and 3 multi-purpose cleaner bottles in an unlocked cabinet under the sink and 2 plug in air freshener refills in an open bin. The hazardous substnaces were accessible to the children in care.
2. Administrative staff confirmed that there were unlocked hazardous substances in the 3 year old classroom.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: The unlocked chemicals were removed from the cabinet during the inspection. The lock on the cabinet will be fixed.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-570-A Description: Based on observation and interview, it was determined that the center did not ensure that when a child is placed in an infant seat, high chair or feeding table, the protective belt shall be fastened securely.
1. There were 4 children eating lunch at a feeding table in the infant room that were observed to not have their protective belts fastened.
2. Administrative staff and the 2 infant teachers confirmed that the children did not have their protective belts fastened while sitting at the feeding table.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: The protective belts were fastened immediately during the inspection. Staff will be reminded to ensure that infants are safely secured in all feeding tables and high chairs.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.