Ivy School House LLC
1005 Heathercroft Circle
Crozet, VA 22932
Current Inspector: Beth Orebaugh (540) 847-9173
Inspection Date: April 27, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies.
8VAC20-780 Special Services.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
- Technical Assistance:
A supplemental page was provided.
An on-site renewal inspection was conducted on April 27, 2022. There were 16 children present, ranging in age from 5 months to 2 years and in the care of five staff members. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staff qualifications, staffing and supervision, programming, special services, special care provisions and emergencies. A total of 2 children's records and 3 staff records were reviewed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and the violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-40-E Description: Based on review of the center's policies, observation and staff interviews, the center was not following their own policies and procedures regarding safe sleep for infants by having blankets in the cribs with the infants.
1. In Classroom A, five infants had soft blankets in the crib with them while napping.
2. The center's Safe Sleep Practices Policy states, "Soft bedding, such as pillows and comforters, will not be used in the infant's sleeping area."
Plan of Correction: The blankets were removed from the infant's cribs immediately during the inspection. In the future, they will ensure that soft bedding of any kind is not placed in the cribs of infants.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-240-A Description: Based on staff records and discussion with the director, one new staff member had not completed the Virginia Department of Education-(VDOE) sponsored orientation course within 90 days of employment.
1. The record of Staff Member #3 contained a certificate for completing the VDOE 10-hour orientation training dated 04/17/2022. Date of hire was 11/17/2021.
2. The director confirmed that Staff Member #3 did not complete the course within 90 days of employment.
Plan of Correction: From now on the center will ensure that all new staff complete the training within 90 days of hire.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-450-C Description: Based on observation and staff interviews, the center failed to change the crib sheets daily.
1. Staff Member A reported that the crib sheets were changed and washed weekly unless they became soiled and then they were change at that time.
2. The director confirmed that the crib sheets were changed and washed weekly and not daily.
Plan of Correction: The staff will ensure that moving forward all crib sheets will be changed daily.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-500-B Description: Based on observation and confirmation from staff, one classroom contained a diapering changing pad with exposed absorbent.padding.
1. In Classroom A, the diaper changing table contained a pad that had several holes in the plastic cover. The exposed foam padding was an absorbent material.
2. Staff confirmed there were holes in the changing pad cover.
Plan of Correction: The director will obtain a new changing pad cover as soon as possible.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.