Ladybug Academy 2 LLC
3020 Javier Rd
Fairfax, VA 22031
Current Inspector: Mahrukh Aziz (571) 835-4718
Inspection Date: April 29, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
- Technical Assistance:
Technical assistance was offered related to: In state and out of state background checks, nap mats, new staff orientation and training, and the CDC Phase 2 training.
The center demonstrated compliance in the installation of a carbon monoxide detector.
Today an unannounced monitoring inspection took place between the hours of 9:45 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. There were 9 classrooms observed with a total of 107 children with 17 staff within the supervision guidelines. The children were observed playing on the playground, participating in circle time, eating lunch, preparing for nap and other organized activities. The lunch menu included beans, rice, salad, fruit, tortillas and milk. A complete inspection of the physical plant was conducted. Emergency drill logs, medications and emergency procedures were reviewed during this inspection. 4 staff records and 4 children?s records were reviewed. Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice
issued to the program. If you have any questions, please contact me at 571-835-4718 or
firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your cooperation during the inspection.
Standard #: 22.1-289.035-B-4 Description: Based on staff records review and staff interview, the center did not obtain the results of an out of state child abuse and neglect registry for an employee within 45 days of employment, and results of an out of state sex offender registry check from any state in which an employee has resided in the preceding five years, prior to the first day of employment.
1. Staff # 2's first day of employment 12/06/2021.
2. Staff # 2?s records indicated that she resided in New Jersey within the last 5 years.
2. Staff #3 stated that the central registry search for New Jersey for Staff # 2 was not submitted.
3. Staff #3 stated that the sex offender registry search for New Jersey for Staff #2 was not completed.
Plan of Correction: We have submitted staff central registry search for New Jersey. We have submitted staff sex offender registry for New Jersey.
Standard #: 8VAC20-770-60-B Description: Based on staff record review, a staff member was employed before the center had their completed sworn statement.
1. Staff #1?s first day of employment 12/13/2021.
2. Staff # 1?s sworn statement was incomplete as it did not include the date of completion.
Plan of Correction: We will have staff members do sworn statement and ensure that it is signed and dated when it is complete.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-70 Description: Based on staff records review, the center did not obtain written documentation of two reference checks for a new employee, prior to the first day of employment.
1. Staff # 1'sfirst day of employment was 12/13/21.
2. The reference check forms in Staff # 1's record were blank.
Plan of Correction: We have completed staff reference check forms.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-80-A Description: Based on records review and staff interview, the center did not maintain a written record of daily attendance that documents the arrival and departure of each child in care as it occurs.
1. A review of the digital attendance record showed that children?s time of arrival was not recorded as it occurred.
2. Staff # 3 stated the Child # 1 arrived at the center at approximately 8:30 a.m. During the inspection which initiated at 9:45 am, it was observed that the Child # 1 was not checked into attendance upon his arrival to the center.
3. During the inspection, Child #2 was not checked in. Staff # 4 stated the child arrived to the center at 10:07 a.m. but the time of arrival was not recorded as it occurred.
3. Child #3 arrived to the center at 8:30 am, but was not checked in until 10:48 am.
Plan of Correction: We have informed teachers that children are to be checked in within 5 minutes of arrival.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-210-A-4-b Description: Based on staff records review, not all lead teachers met the required qualifications for the job position.
1. Staff # 1?s first day of employment 12/13/2021.
2. Staff #1 did not complete 24 hours of training within 6 months one month after beginning work.
Plan of Correction: We will ensure that staff complete the 24 hours of training.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-240-C Description: Based on staff records review, orientation training for all staff did not include all required topics.
1. Orientation for Staff #1 (date of hire: 12/13/21) did not include prevention of sudden infant death syndrome, use of safe sleep practices, prevention of shaken baby syndrome and abusive head trauma.
2. Orientation for Staff #2 (date of hire: 12/6/21) did not include prevention of sudden infant death syndrome and use of safe sleep practices and prevention of shaken baby syndrome and abusive head trauma.
Plan of Correction: We will ensure that staff completes all necessary orientation trainings, which includes, prevention of sudden infant death syndrome, use of safe sleep practices, prevention of shaken baby syndrome and abusive head trauma, within the appropriate timeframe.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-240-E Description: Based on staff records review, all staff did not complete orientation training in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) within 30 days of the first day of employment.
1. Staff #1 (date of hire: 12/13/21) did not complete orientation in first aid and CPR within first 30 days of employment.
2. Staff #2 (date of hire: 12/6/21) did not complete orientation in first aid and CPR within first 30 days of employment.
Plan of Correction: We will ensure that staff completed First Aid and CPR orientation within their first 30 days of employment.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-270-A Description: Based on observation, areas and equipment of the center, inside and outside, were not maintained in a clean, safe and operable condition.
1. Chipped paint was observed in multiple areas on the wall in the 3 ? year old classroom on the second floor.
2. Splintering wood was observed on a storage shelf in the Pre-K 1 classroom.
3. A bin was missing in a play sink causing an entrapment risk, in the 3 ? year old classroom on the third floor.
Plan of Correction: We have scheduled a maintenance appointment to ensure the wall in the 31/2 year old classroom is repainted. We have removed the storage shelf with splintering wood from the Pre-K-1 classroom.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-440-E Description: Based on observation, the occupied rest mats were not at least 12 inches apart.
1. In the 2 ? year old classroom, 2 occupied rest mats were touching at the ends.
2. In the 2 ? year old classroom, 2 occupied rest mats were only 4 inches apart.
Plan of Correction: We have provided each classroom with a ruler to ensure that the rest mats are 12 inches apart as required.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-450-A Description: Based on observation and staff interview, all occupied rest mats did not have linens consisting of a top cover and a bottom cover.
1. One child was observed lying on a rest mat with a blanket and no sheet. Staff stated that the parents did not provide a blanket and sheet for the child.
Plan of Correction: We will inform the parents that their child needs to have a sheet and blanket for their rest mat. In the case a parents can't provide one, we will be sure to provide the child with a sheet and blanket here at the center.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.