Guidepost Montessori at Broadlands
42945 Waxpool Rd
Ashburn, VA 20148
Current Inspector: Lisa Hudson (571) 389-2459
Inspection Date: April 21, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
A self reported incident was jointly investigated with a local government agency. The report involved allegations of a forbidden action with one child. Staff and child interviews were conducted and documentation was reviewed onsite. The preponderance of evidence supports a valid finding. Thank you for your cooperation during this investigation. Please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-410-1 Description: Based on staff and child interviews and a parent written statement, a forbidden action occurred on 04/14/2022 with a child.
1. A written statement from Child #1's parent dated 04/14/2022 documented that on April 14, 2022 at approximately 4:30pm, "[Child #1] was facing the door and crying loudly and [Staff #1] was facing [Child #1] with [their] back to the door. [Staff #1] had [their]hands firmly around [Child #1's] shoulders/arms violently shaking [Child #1] while yelling at [them].
2. The written statement included that Staff #1 told them that Child #1 refused to go to the bathroom and that they became frustrated.
3. While interviewing Staff #2, they stated "[Staff #1] does become frustrated when the kids take a long time to complete tasks." Staff #2 has observed Staff #1 repeatedly asking children "Why are you taking so long?".
4. During an investigative interview, Child #2 (5 years) stated that "I saw [Staff #1] shaking [Child #1]." They stated that "[Child #1] was screaming and crying" when they entered the classroom.
Plan of Correction: We placed this staff on administrative leave and then terminated this staff.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-410-6 Description: Based on a parent written statement and parent interviews, one staff used a verbal remark which was demeaning to one child.
1. A written statement dated 04/15/2022 included that Staff #1 told Child #1's parent that "[Staff #1] was telling [Child #1] if [they] didn't go potty that [their] dad wouldn't come get him".
2. During an investigative interview on 04/21/2022, Child #1's parent stated that "[Staff #1] kept apologizing and [Staff #1] told me "I told [them] that [their] dad wouldn't pick [them] up if [they] wouldn't go potty".
Plan of Correction: Staff was placed on administrative leave and then terminated.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.