Kiddie Academy of Ashburn
20775 Century Corner Drive
Ashburn, VA 20147
Current Inspector: Eureka Nance (703) 638-5968
Inspection Date: Feb. 1, 2022
Complaint Related: Yes
- Areas Reviewed:
? 8VAC20-780 Administration.
? 8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
? 8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
? 8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
? 8VAC20-780 Programs.
? 8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies
? 8VAC20-780 Special Services.
? 8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
A complaint investigation was initiated on February 1, 2022 regarding children in Pre-K classroom fighting. Interviews were conducted, and documentation and video-camera footage were reviewed. There was a preponderance of evidence to support the allegation regarding supervision. The complaint related violations and one non-related violation are identified in the Violation Notice.
Should you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-40-E Complaint related: No Description: Based on interviews, documentation and video-camera footage, the center did not maintain the operational responsibilities of the licensee shall include, but not be limited to, ensure the center's activities, services, and facilities are maintained in compliance with these standards, the center's own policies and procedures that are required by these standards, and the terms of the current license issued by the department.
1. In the Pre-K classroom, there were approximately 9 children present in the classroom with one staff.
2. Two children were running and hitting each other in the classroom.
3. Staff member was on technology device and speaking to a parent when this occurred.
4. The children ran from one of the classroom to the other. The children did not look in the direction of the children to address the safety concern.
2 The staff did not follow center's policies and procedures in having a clear line of sight to all areas of the room.
Plan of Correction: Reminded all the teachers to have a clear line of sight to all children and classroom areas.
Standard #: 22VAC40-185-340-A Complaint related: No Description: Evidence:
1. Staff was position in the Pre-K classroom with back toward children.
2. Staff did not ensure supervision policies and procedures were followed.
3. Staff was speaking with a parent and looking a technology device in hand. At that time two children were running across the room and hitting each other. Staff did not intervene to stop the children.
4. Child #1 tried to take a toy from Child #3 and wrapped a toy string around Child #3's neck. Staff did not look in the direction of the children's on the other side of the room when this occurred. Staff was looking at tablet and went in the bathroom to assist children with handwashing at the sink.
5. The children continue hitting each back and forth.
6. It was not until Child #3 hit and pushed Child #1 into the art board that caused it to fall over.
7.Staff #1 immediately came over and another staff from outside the classroom to speak with to the children.
Plan of Correction: Will review with all staff our supervision policies and procedure at our next staff meeting
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.