Boys & Girls Club of Waynesboro, Staunton & Augusta -Waynesboro
302 E. Main Street
Waynesboro, VA 22980
Current Inspector: Beth Orebaugh (540) 847-9173
Inspection Date: June 23, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies
8VAC20-780 Special Services.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
20 Access to minor?s records
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
Thank you for your assistance during this unannounced monitoring inspection. This on-site visit was conducted on June 15, 2022 from 1:40 p.m. through 3:40 p.m. There were twenty-nine children in the care of nine staff. Three children records and four staff records were reviewed and updated. Areas of non-compliance may be found on the violation notice.
Areas observed were: outside play, hand washing/bathroom procedures, and educational activities. Interactions between the children and staff were observed as appropriate and the children seemed comfortable with their daily routine and schedule.
Standard #: 22.1-289.035-B-2 Description: Based on review of staff records and verification with staff, the center failed to obtain a completed criminal history record check prior to employment.
1. The record for Staff #1 did not contain a completed criminal history record check. Date of hire for Staff #1 was 06/03/2022.
2. The record for Staff #2 did not contain a completed criminal history record check. Date of hire for Staff #2 was 06/01/2022.
3. The record for Staff #3 did not contain a completed criminal history record check. Date of hire for Staff #3 was 05/23/2022.
4. The record for Staff #4 did not contain a completed criminal history record check. Date of hire for Staff #4 was 05/31/2022.
5. Administration verified that the records did not contain completed criminal history record checks for Staff #1, #2, #3, and #4.
Plan of Correction: All new staff will have criminal history documentation in files as soon as possible. New staff will not be hired without having criminal history record checks.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-160-A Description: Based on review of staff records, the center failed to ensure that documentation of a tuberculosis screening was obtained prior to staff coming into contact with children.
1. Staff #1 did not have a tuberculosis test/screening on file. First day of employment and being in contact with children was 06/03/2022.
2. Staff #2 did not have a tuberculosis test/screening on file. First day of employment and being in contact with children was 06/01/2022.
3. Staff #4 did not have a tuberculosis test/screening on file. First day of employment and being in contact with children was 05/31/2022.
4. Administration confirmed staff did not have tuberculosis documentation in file.
Plan of Correction: I will make sure that the current staff go ahead and get their TB screening/test. The new staff will not begin work or be hired until they have their TB screening/test.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.