Creme de la Creme
44799 Saranac Street
Ashburn, VA 20147
Current Inspector: Stacy Doyle (571) 835-0386
Inspection Date: Aug. 2, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies
8VAC20-780 Special Services.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
- Technical Assistance:
Discussed medications, allergy lists and allergy action plans. Discussed background checks.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted on 8/02/2022 from 10:00am to 1:40pm. At the time of entrance,126 children were in care with 32 staff members present. Children were observed doing the following: painting a tree in art class, watching a movie and preparing to go to Top Golf on a field trip, playing outside, riding in an infant buggy, dancing in the dance room and making salads in the culinary arts classroom. Interactions between the children and staff were positive. A selection of staff and children records, the physical space, first aid supplies, medications, evacuation drills and attendance records were reviewed. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the violation notice. Please contact me if you have any questions at Stacy.Doyle@doe.virginia.gov or 571-835-0386.
Standard #: 8VAC20-770-60-B Description: Based on record review, the center did not obtain a completed sworn statement or affirmation prior to employment.
1. Staff #1 (Date of hire 5/24/2022) , Staff #2 (Date of hire 6/06/2022), Staff #3 (Date of hire 4/25/2022), Staff #4 (Date of hire 3/17/2022) and Staff #5 (Date of hire 4/22/2022) did not have documentation of a current sworn statement for child day programs. Three of the staff had forms filled out, but they were not the correct forms.
Plan of Correction: Forms have been updated for staff 2-5 on 8/02/2022. Staff 1 was summer staff and has been informed us they will not be returning for remainder of summer. Therefore I cannot update staff members form.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-60-A Description: Based on record review, two of five children's records did not have complete information.
1. Child #3's file (start date 6/07/2022) did not have one emergency contact address.
2. Child #4's file (start date 6/21/2022) did not have two work phone numbers and did not have the written agreements between the parent and center as required by 8VAC20-780-90.
Plan of Correction: Child 3 & 4 forms were updated on 8/04/2022.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-60-A-8 Description: Based on review, the center did not obtain a written care plan for each child with a diagnosed food allergy, to include instructions from a physician regarding the food to which the child is allergic and the steps to be taken in the event of a suspected or confirmed allergic reaction.
1. Child B, Child D and Child E had diagnosed food allergies and did not have a written care plan in their file at the center.
Plan of Correction: Student B-Care plan was obtained on 8/03/2022. Student D & E-parents were notified that forms need to obtained.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-70 Description: Based on record review, staff records did not include all required information.
1. Staff #1 (Date of hire 5/24/2022) did not have documentation of two references and the orientation training.
2. Staff #2 (Date of hire 6/06/2022) did not have documentation of one reference and the orientation training.
3. Staff #3 (Date of hire 4/25/2022) did not have documentation of orientation training and the Virginia Department of Education sponsored orientation course within 90 calendar days of employment.
4. Staff #4 (Date of hire 3/17/2022) did not have documentation of orientation training.
5. Staff #5 (Date of hire 4/22/2022) did not have documentation of orientation training.
Plan of Correction: references check for staff 1 completed on 8/05/2022. Staff 2-second reference check was completed on 8/05/2022. Staff 3-completed this training on 4/29/2022, orientation form was completed on 8/04/2022. Staff 4 & 5-orientation forms were completed on 8/04/2022.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-90--A Description: Based on record review, the center did not have a written agreement between the parent and the center in each child's record by the first day of the child's attendance.
1. Child #4's file (start date 6/21/2022) did not have the written agreements between the parent and center as required during the inspection.
Plan of Correction: Parent completed form on 8/04/2022.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-240-I Description: Based on record review, the center did not have documentation of orientation training that includes all the required information.
1. Staff #1 (Date of hire 5/24/2022) , Staff #2 (Date of hire 6/06/2022), Staff #3 (Date of hire 4/25/2022), Staff #4 (Date of hire 3/17/2022) and Staff #5 (Date of hire 4/22/2022) did not have documentation of orientation training that includes the training method and all required topics.
Plan of Correction: Staff 2-5 updated orientation documents have been updated to reflect method of training and all topics. Staff 1 was Summer staff and is no longer employed form could not be updated.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-270-A Description: Based on observation, Areas outside of the center were not maintained in a safe and operable condition.
1. The playground surface has an area missing approximately 3 inches by 5 inches that is creating a tripping hazard..
Plan of Correction: Work order has been placed.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-280-B Description: Based on observation, potentially hazardous substances such as cleaning materials were not kept in a locked place using a safe locking method that prevents access by children.
1. In room 101B, a Purell Surface disinfectant spray was on the counter and not kept locked.
Plan of Correction: Purell Disinfectant was placed in lock cabinet during inspection.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-510-P Description: Based on review of medication, the center did not dispose of medication when an authoriza- tion for medication expired and the parent did not renew the authorization or pick it up within 14 days.
1. Child A had two medications at the center and the authorization forms were expired and were kept more than 14 days after they expired.
2. Child D had two medications at the center and the authorization forms were expired. One medication form was signed by the parent only on 3/21/2022 and the other medication form was signed by the parent only on 1/10/2022 and both medications were kept more than 14 days after they expired.
3. Child G had one medication at the center and the authorization form expired. It was signed by the parent only on 4/03/2022 and was kept more than 14 days after the expiration date.
Plan of Correction: Child A-Is a summer camper, we have contacted parents to update forms. currently he is not scheduled to return for the remainder of the summer. Medication will be returned upon departure on 8/05/2022. Child D-on 8/03/2022 both parent and doctor's forms were given to parents to update. Child G-Parent resigned parent consent form on 8/04/2022. Parent was also informed on 8/04/2022 to have doctor sign forms..
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-560-G Description: Based on observation, when food is brought from home, the center did not follow all requirements.
1. In Room 101B, a lunch bag was in a child's cubby and was not clearly dated and labeled in a way that identifies the owner.
2. In the Pre-K-1 classroom, a lunch bag with a child's name was not clearly dated.
Plan of Correction: Lunch bag from both rooms were sent home parents were reminded lunch bags must be checked at front desk.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.